Barbet

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Barbet

Post by 222gers » Sat May 01, 2021 5:43 pm

Although the poll for Player Of The Year looks to be between Dieng and Dickie, Barbet deserves a Special Mention.
He's played every minute of every game thusfar and has greatly improved his form since the New Year.

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Barbet

Post by luke_mullet » Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 pm

Vast improvement from last season.

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Sat May 01, 2021 8:41 pm

A solid professional. I think he's been a really good signing and doesn't get enough praise.

Also, looks SO much better in a back three.
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 02, 2021 9:43 am

222gers wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:43 pm
Although the poll for Player Of The Year looks to be between Dieng and Dickie, Barbet deserves a Special Mention.
He's played every minute of every game thusfar and has greatly improved his form since the New Year.
Meaningless award since fans picked Paddy Kenny over Adel Taarabt, even though he was the EFL POTY.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun May 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:43 am
222gers wrote:
Meaningless award since fans picked Paddy Kenny over Adel Taarabt, even though he was the EFL POTY.
I take it you voted for Adel that year as did I. Couldn't understand that one really.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
222gers wrote:
I take it you voted for Adel that year as did I. Couldn't understand that one really.
Just about every other club's fans thought he was one of, if not the, best ever player to play in the Championship. If he hadn't been such a flawed character I doubt we would have ever seen him in the hoops and, IMO, he is technically the best QPR footballer I have seen; some of the things he did were beyond Marsh or Bowles.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm
Montag wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

Just about every other club's fans thought he was one of, if not the, best ever player to play in the Championship. If he hadn't been such a flawed character I doubt we would have ever seen him in the hoops and, IMO, he is technically the best QPR footballer I have seen; some of the things he did were beyond Marsh or Bowles.
I would of course put him along side March and Bowles but to say who was better I think is difficult. Marsh and Bowles were playing in an era where defenders were allowed to tackle and the pitches were hardly bowling greens. Best simply to say we were honoured to have watch three of the most gifted footballers playing in the hoops.
Last edited by QPR_John on Mon May 03, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 am

QPR_John wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm
Montag wrote:

I would of course put him along side March and Bowles but to say who was better I think is difficult. Marsh and Bowles were playing in an era where defenders were allowed to tackle and the pitches were hardly bowling greens. Best simply to say we were honoured to have watched three of the most gifted footballers playing in the hoops.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 am

QPR_John wrote:
I would of course put him along side March and Bowles but to say who was I think is difficult. Marsh and Bowles were playing in an era where defenders were allowed to tackle and the pitches were hardly bowling greens. Best simply to say we were honoured to have watch three of the most gifted footballers playing in the hoops.
I think Esox is probably right about Taarabt's technical ability being the best. That said, having also had the pleasure of watching Marsh and Bowles live, all three had some quite different strengths and skills to each other, so comparing them isn't straightforward.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 04, 2021 8:42 am

dm wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 am
QPR_John wrote:
I would of course put him along side March and Bowles but to say who was I think is difficult. Marsh and Bowles were playing in an era where defenders were allowed to tackle and the pitches were hardly bowling greens. Best simply to say we were honoured to have watch three of the most gifted footballers playing in the hoops.
I think Esox is probably right about Taarabt's technical ability being the best. That said, having also had the pleasure of watching Marsh and Bowles live, all three had some quite different strengths and skills to each other, so comparing them isn't straightforward.
I agree, Marsh was undoubtedly the best header of the ball of the three and his physical strength was similar to Adel's and Bowles was better at link up play than both of the others, perhaps having the players like Francis, Givens Thomas etc. may have skewed that in his favour as Marsh just didn't have that quality around him and Adel was definitely no use defensively. Throw in players like Currie, Wegerle etc. and I would hazard the thought that we have been gifted with more skilful players than almost any other team.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue May 04, 2021 10:04 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:42 am
dm wrote:
QPR_John wrote:
I agree, Marsh was undoubtedly the best header of the ball of the three and his physical strength was similar to Adel's and Bowles was better at link up play than both of the others, perhaps having the players like Francis, Givens Thomas etc. may have skewed that in his favour as Marsh just didn't have that quality around him and Adel was definitely no use defensively. Throw in players like Currie, Wegerle etc. and I would hazard the thought that we have been gifted with more skilful players than almost any other team.
Yes, I doubt if another club of our size has had such an array of talent. We are fortunate really.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue May 04, 2021 10:15 am

Although very much his own man, Bowles was a better team player than Marsh or Taarabt who could both frustrate the hell out of everybody one minute and then delight us all the next - or sometimes not.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:32 am

dm wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:15 am
Although very much his own man, Bowles was a better team player than Marsh or Taarabt who could both frustrate the hell out of everybody one minute and then delight us all the next - or sometimes not.
There is a reason why Stan is still considered our most revered player.
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue May 04, 2021 2:41 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:42 am
dm wrote:
QPR_John wrote:
Could not agree more.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat May 08, 2021 5:38 pm

Well done fella - that's a statistic to be rightly proud of. He must be a very fit guy. Also this must have been one of he best seasons ever for injuries too(Amos excepted). Think he is bit fragile unfortunately.