Relegation fight

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Relegation fight

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 01, 2021 4:18 pm

...thank to the brilliant second half of the season we are not involved, but looking at the table next final round could be interesting...

....three teams at 40 and Derby at 43 playing home Wednesday.....if Wed score and even win there could be a chance of 4 teams finishing at 43.
Wycombe have the worst goal difference at -33 but both R'ham (-16) and Wednesday (-21) have a better one than Derby (-22).....
so...what if.....and in case who would you like to see dropping...??

PS. I notice only now that R'ham have one game in hand too....so all my calculation might be wrong.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Relegation fight

Post by old pauline » Sat May 01, 2021 4:34 pm

Would have liked to see Derby and Sheff Weds go but I think Derby will escape.

Derby have certainly got away with one if they do survive - selling their ground and escaping administration by the skin of their teeth.

Hopefuly the chickens come home to roost next season.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 01, 2021 4:45 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:34 pm
Would have liked to see Derby and Sheff Weds go but I think Derby will escape.
...not so sure now as R'ham might get to 46. And what would happen if by any chance Wednesday score ?
I guess the shit would reach the roof at Pride Park...... :lol: :lol:

loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by loonee » Sat May 01, 2021 5:43 pm

My preference would be Derby to get relegated, for the same reasons, avoiding FFP penalties by "selling the ground" to the owner. Also to see Wayne Rooney's Derby County, as journos call them, fail would be highly amusing.

Unfortunately I can see them picking up a result next week to keep them up.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Rotherham have two away games against Luton and Cardiff who have nothing but pride to play for....

All eyes on Tuesday.... Rotherham win and it's brown trousers for both Wednesday and Derby....

Whatever the result is, Rotherham's current goal difference could still save them next Saturday sending both down if they win and Wednesday win at Pride Park...
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 01, 2021 7:28 pm

well, honestly I don't think it is going to happen..R'ham's form has been shite since they beat us....but if it happens that they send both Derby and Wednesday down I will celebrate....I always hate cheaters.... :twisted:

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 02, 2021 9:40 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm
Rotherham have two away games against Luton and Cardiff who have nothing but pride to play for....

All eyes on Tuesday.... Rotherham win and it's brown trousers for both Wednesday and Derby....

Whatever the result is, Rotherham's current goal difference could still save them next Saturday sending both down if they win and Wednesday win at Pride Park...
Unfortunately for them, Luton and Real Bus stop have the best current form in the division.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon May 03, 2021 9:56 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:28 pm
well, honestly I don't think it is going to happen..R'ham's form has been shite since they beat us....but if it happens that they send both Derby and Wednesday down I will celebrate....I always hate cheaters.... :twisted:
How did that happen (beating us)?

They were awful before the beat us - they had lost 5 at home in a row, and since then have lost 5 and drawn one of the six games they have played. Completely spunking their games in hand.

Baffling in the extreme.

Oh! I want Derby to go down ... no question.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon May 03, 2021 1:21 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:56 am
Oh! I want Derby to go down ... no question.
...honestly I was a little bit annoyed when we lost there....I am always be when we get ass kicked...but I can swallow it if that helps sending Derby down....and honestly I was much more annoyed when we lost home to derby...that was really bad....without those three points now they would really be in the shit.... :roll:

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon May 03, 2021 2:13 pm

For the sake of the Golden generation's Wank Rooney and the money cheating toerags, I would enjoy Derby to be flushed down most of all. BUT if Rotherham drop then do not forget these barstewards cost us promotion in '82 with an utterly disgraceful display particularly by their striker Ronnie Moore who nearly killed our keeper Peter Hucker. Terry Fenwick made Emlyn Hughes cry with a little slap up the chops. So whoever drops it's win win. But please Derby - fall down the bog.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed May 05, 2021 6:51 am

Rotherham got a point last night.....

Derby now have to win against Wednesday to ensure their championship place next season and a draw will only suffice if Rotherham don't win their last match....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed May 05, 2021 8:07 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:51 am
Rotherham got a point last night.....

Derby now have to win against Wednesday to ensure their championship place next season and a draw will only suffice if Rotherham don't win their last match....
It'll add a little piquancy to the last day of the season. I've got a few bottles of champagne stowed away. I might well pop one open if Derby go down.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu May 06, 2021 11:05 am

...this is the updated table....

all would be based on R'ham winning away at Cardiff....not easy but as they say ..the ball is round and can roll wherever....
If they get to 44 points it would be great if Wednesday could win at Derby and drag them to League 1 with them....(Wednesday's last hope is a win at Derby,as they could get level at 43 with Wed having a better goal difference...)
Even a draw could work given Derby worse goal difference compared to R'ham... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Sat May 08, 2021 8:47 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:28 pm
My ideal scenario too Giorgio :D

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 08, 2021 11:41 am

...well....well...well... :mrgreen: aniclap if only it could last....