2 wins from 7 games

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10182
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

2 wins from 7 games

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:11 am

That should be enough to see us survive. Taking into account the 4 point cushion between us and the drop zone, I feel this will be enough, though it might be tight.

I was talking to a friend who supports Blackburn, their last two wins in the league were on December 12th and February 10th. I find this incredible, having seen them rip us apart at HQ in October. He is very worried.

Birmingham have won 4 times in the last 22 games.
Huddersfield have won 4 times in the last 21 games.
Blackburn have won 2 times in the last 21 games.
Plymouth have won 4 times in the last 22 games.

For comparison:

QPR have won 9 times in the last 20 games.

Should we pick up points in the next 3 games, with at least 2 wins, I will start to relax.

Interestingly, Sheffield Wednesday have won 10 of their last 22 games, I think if they can climb out of the bottom 3, they will survive. Amazing when you consider we both looked dead and buried just a couple of months ago.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6332
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by 222gers » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:21 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:11 am
That should be enough to see us survive. Taking into account the 4 point cushion between us and the drop zone, I feel this will be enough, though it might be tight.

I was talking to a friend who supports Blackburn, their last two wins in the league were on December 12th and February 10th. I find this incredible, having seen them rip us apart at HQ in October. He is very worried.

Birmingham have won 4 times in the last 22 games.
Huddersfield have won 4 times in the last 21 games.
Blackburn have won 2 times in the last 21 games.
Plymouth have won 4 times in the last 22 games.

For comparison:

QPR have won 9 times in the last 20 games.

Should we pick up points in the next 3 games, with at least 2 wins, I will start to relax.

Interestingly, Sheffield Wednesday have won 10 of their last 22 games, I think if they can climb out of the bottom 3, they will survive. Amazing when you consider we both looked dead and buried just a couple of months ago.
The Perivale & District Long John Silver Impersonators XI would have ripped us apart in October.

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5715
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by Wegerle » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:33 am

I think that if we beat Swansea today we will be nearly there. A couple of weeks ago Sheff. Wed. and Huddersfield were picking up a lot of points and I thought 55 might be needed. However these teams seem to be tailing off again. 6-9 points needed.

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1507
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by C F Extremadura » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm

Last 10 games we have 18 points and extrapolated over the season would place us 5th. Looking forward to next season already

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by jimjams » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:02 pm

C F Extremadura wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm
Last 10 games we have 18 points and extrapolated over the season would place us 5th. Looking forward to next season already
I think this is it. We are 4 points clear before this match. It shouldn't take promotion form to keep us up.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by Giorgio » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:38 pm

...6 points clear now....a win on Saturday would take us close ...plus considering the awful form of some other clubs....
Plymouth now really look like a possible candidate for the drop...

User avatar
Nw6ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm
Location: NW London

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by Nw6ranger » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:13 pm

As mentioned earlier Marti has got us on promotion form, so as fans , I think we can relax a bit and know that we will get another few wins still.

User avatar
redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: redin

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by redinjun » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:28 pm

C F Extremadura wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm
Last 10 games we have 18 points and extrapolated over the season would place us 5th. Looking forward to next season already
God I love extrapolation.

pindarus
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by pindarus » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:47 pm

redinjun wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:28 pm
C F Extremadura wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm
Last 10 games we have 18 points and extrapolated over the season would place us 5th. Looking forward to next season already
God I love extrapolation.
Careful! They say it makes you go blind.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by Giorgio » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:57 pm

redinjun wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:28 pm
God I love extrapolation.
...me too...I love those sexy dancers turning, jumping, sliding around the pole, showing their skills ...and ass.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
mickeystar
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: West London La La La

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by mickeystar » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:12 pm

Along with rotherham, I think Plymouth are the team that will join them as their run-in looks hard, along with either Huddersfield or Wednesday. Brum probably have enough to survive on the last day of the season.
Rangers Til I Die

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by Giorgio » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:12 pm

...I did this table after Saturday's matches...

Image

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6332
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by 222gers » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:33 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:12 pm
...I did this table after Saturday's matches...

Image
Anyone that plays Sunderland at the moment is guaranteed three points. Oh, hang on…..

However, that's a really interesting table-so many twists and turns possible between now and the end of the season.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by Giorgio » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:31 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:33 pm
Anyone that plays Sunderland at the moment is guaranteed three points. Oh, hang on…..

However, that's a really interesting table-so many twists and turns possible between now and the end of the season.
...yes, they are lucky that they already got 51 points...their form is terrible and they could have been in big trouble...
... Beale's curse striking again...!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5677
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: 2 wins from 7 games

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:14 am

redinjun wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:28 pm
C F Extremadura wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:00 pm
Last 10 games we have 18 points and extrapolated over the season would place us 5th. Looking forward to next season already
God I love extrapolation.
If I extrapolate the amount of beer I've drunk since 18 :wink: to the average life expectancy (yes I know)... it will be an impressive volume.

I've just done a calc... 2pts a day on average (everyday) from 18 to 78 is around 250,000 litres, or only one tenth of an Olympic size swimming pool.

I reckon maybe on average I'm closer to 4/day but rather disappointingly it's still just a piss in the shallow end.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Reply