About new tactics....

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

About new tactics....

Post by Giorgio » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:58 pm

A couple of points on things I have noticed recently.

1 - Andersen is now taking all the corners and the free kicks

2 - On the set pieces he sends the ball very long, over the crowded center of the box, for Jimmy to head it back inside.
This took our goal vs Leicester (Armstrong), Cook's goal vs B'ham and a couple of other chances (Willock and Field) vs. B'ham

3 - New dirty tactics B'ham used at least twice and I guess I have seen already before. When they lost the ball and we were running away on a fast and possibly dangerous counter attack, one player stayed down, faking an injury in order for the ref to stop the game. Then 30 seconds later when the entire team had gone back into position the same player was miraculously back running as normal. I guess this rule should be amended.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: About new tactics....

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:12 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:58 pm
A couple of points on things I have noticed recently.

1 - Andersen is now taking all the corners and the free kicks

2 - On the set pieces he sends the ball very long, over the crowded center of the box, for Jimmy to head it back inside.
This took our goal vs Leicester (Armstrong), Cook's goal vs B'ham and a couple of other chances (Willock and Field) vs. B'ham

3 - New dirty tactics B'ham used at least twice and I guess I have seen already before. When they lost the ball and we were running away on a fast and possibly dangerous counter attack, one player stayed down, faking an injury in order for the ref to stop the game. Then 30 seconds later when the entire team had gone back into position the same player was miraculously back running as normal. I guess this rule should be amended.
Agreed on the dirty tactics but everyone (including us), does it nowadays.
I berate referees as much as the next man but they are in effect surrounded by 22 cheats.
Still, on to tomorrow. I'll watch on QPR+ as I don't go to away matches in my declining years, so a big shout-out to those hardy souls heading to Wales tomorrow. Come on UUURRRSSS….