Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers V Middlesbrough

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers V Middlesbrough

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:39 pm

And he’s probably nowhere being match fit. Ditto with Cannon - hadn't played for months and brought in out of desperation before he was ready. He hasn't looked fit and always carrying an injury it would appear.

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:15 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:01 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:30 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:52 am
Once again Dykes is taking flak, and now Frey too.
The main task both these strikers have is to score goals which they haven't done for a long period. The reason is that they aren't quick and agile which is a must for todays game. They are in the mould of the big, slow, old fashioned forwards of the 70's and 80's but missing the strong heading skills of those strikers.
We have been playing well the past few months and are creating more and more chances and set pieces yet both still can't seem to score.
Not disputing the effort they are putting in but they are both not the way forward for us.
Lovely to see Frey being written off after six weeks at the club.
Nobody is writing him off. The first signs however are that he doesn't look like an agile, modern striker and, so far, he hasn't done what we got him for and desperately need now, not next season when it might be too late and that is scoring goals.
I'll be more than happy for him to prove me wrong the remainder of the season but so far I'm not impressed.

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:43 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wegerle wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:52 am
Once again Dykes is taking flak, and now Frey too.
The main task both these strikers have is to score goals which they haven't done for a long period. The reason is that they aren't quick and agile which is a must for todays game. They are in the mould of the big, slow, old fashioned forwards of the 70's and 80's but missing the strong heading skills of those strikers.
We have been playing well the past few months and are creating more and more chances and set pieces yet both still can't seem to score.
Not disputing the effort they are putting in but they are both not the way forward for us.
I was thinking the same. Frey has been with us a long time? Sorry Wegerle but you are talking rubbish!

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:27 pm

patrickqpr wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:43 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Wegerle wrote:

I was thinking the same. Frey has been with us a long time? Sorry Wegerle but you are talking rubbish!
No problem, we just disagree. He hasn't been with us very long and isn't fully fit but I haven't seen anything yet that gives me hope for the future. A glimpse of quality or a few goal threats would have been enough for me. So far I have seen poor first touches, sluggish play and no threat. I was hoping for an instant impact as that is what we needed at this stage.
But again, I will be very happy to be proven wrong if he starts scoring from Saturday onwards!