Re: Field signs new contract

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 am
SM wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:17 am
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:25 am

Nobody as far as I'm aware has explained why we have any right to be told personal details regarding a players contract.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting we should be told the exact specifics, but contract length? I absolutely think that’s totally reasonable.

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that Armstrong has signed an extension that the club have chosen not to announce. Why? Who knows. But it will encourage speculation as his current deal expires at the end of the season.

This news on Sam Field, he could have signed on for another year for all we know.

It’s a bizarre strategy IMO.
Are you implying contract lengths should be common knowledge in every area of life or just football.
Football isn't like any other area of employment in multiple ways. If it were, Taylor Richards wouldn't still be "working" for QPR.

Of course, we don't have a "right" to know anything at all, but clubs have routinely disclosed the lengths of players' contracts for decades. Most people around the club will know anyway, and agents will make the details known to interested parties when it suits them,so all this policy seems to do is feed unnecessary speculation amongst the fanbase, and is meat and drink to the faceless "ITK" social media accounts looking to grow their follower counts.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 pm

SM wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:17 am
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:25 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm
Good news, although I don't like the new policy of refusing to reveal contract lengths.
Nobody as far as I'm aware has explained why we have any right to be told personal details regarding a players contract.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting we should be told the exact specifics, but contract length? I absolutely think that’s totally reasonable.

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that Armstrong has signed an extension that the club have chosen not to announce. Why? Who knows. But it will encourage speculation as his current deal expires at the end of the season.

This news on Sam Field, he could have signed on for another year for all we know.

It’s a bizarre strategy IMO.
thats interesting re sinclair armstrong and i hope that is the case. to announce one and not another is not a consistent policy unless there are other reasons.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:51 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 pm
Football isn't like any other area of employment in multiple ways. If it were, Taylor Richards wouldn't still be "working" for QPR.

Of course, we don't have a "right" to know anything at all, but clubs have routinely disclosed the lengths of players' contracts for decades. Most people around the club will know anyway, and agents will make the details known to interested parties when it suits them,so all this policy seems to do is feed unnecessary speculation amongst the fanbase, and is meat and drink to the faceless "ITK" social media accounts looking to grow their follower counts.
Exactly this.

Imagine coming to the end of every season and having no idea who is at the end or mid-way through their contract. Most people gasped when Adomah was somehow given a 2 year contract - but at least we knew.

There's already been speculation from some "ITK's" that we're about to lose Armstrong on a free transfer to Liverpool. They'll continue to fuel that flame.

The club were absolutely hammered a few seasons back over not formally announcing what was happening to certain players whose contracts had expired (Barbet springs immediately to mind, Nedum before that). With this mindset, you'll have players walking out the door who we might expect to be staying - and others that we can't believe are still here potentially remaining far more than we expect.

I accept that we don't have a right to know specifics on salaries etc, but a contract length? I think it's a frankly stupid idea from a CEO trying to be too clever for his own good.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:52 pm

ActonArthur wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 pm
thats interesting re sinclair armstrong and i hope that is the case. to announce one and not another is not a consistent policy unless there are other reasons.
There was an Instagram post with his agent signing something at the training ground. It was hastily brought back down.

The same thing happened with Andersen - he's here for 18 months as his agent confirmed it on Twitter. But the club got him to remove it as soon as they spotted it.

Nonsense really.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:40 pm

Field probably a shoo-in for supporters' player of the year…..although recently converted right back Jimmy Dunne or recently ever present JCS ?
Taylor Richards currently a trillion to one with Paddy Power.

qprphilip
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by qprphilip » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:39 am

I think what we can see here is players that believe in the manager and what he is trying to do. If you go to work happy, get home after training and say to yourself day after day, I really enjoyed that, it makes your decision much easier, opposed to saying, have I got to go through that again tomorrow. He may however have something written into his contract regarding relegation should it happen. If we stay up, keep the players we want, add a couple more, I can see us challenging at the other end of the table, how's that for a bit of positive thinking.!!!!!!!!

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:33 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:40 pm
Field probably a shoo-in for supporters' player of the year…..although recently converted right back Jimmy Dunne or recently ever present JCS ?
Taylor Richards currently a trillion to one with Paddy Power.
222 you have the same "focus" on Taylor Richards as I apply to our demon striker Lyndon Dykes... admit it. :wink:
Ifang Bondi

SuperHoopsa
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by SuperHoopsa » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:06 pm

qprphilip wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:39 am
how's that for a bit of positive thinking.!!!!!!!!
10:40am and you've already been at the scotch!?

But on a serious note, next season could definitely be a more pleasing season. As far as pushing for promotion goes, I'll hold off until the start of next season and see what business has been done before I make any predictions.