Field signs new contract

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Post Reply
QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6980
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Field signs new contract

Post by QPR_John » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:49 pm

Cannot believe this has not been already posted

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6328
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by 222gers » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:19 pm

He “comports himself in a highly professional manner”. Marvellous. Unlike Taylor Richards who comports himself unavailingly.
Seriously, he really is a model for the rest of the squad.

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16447
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by SM » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:02 pm

Fantastic news.

Absolutely delighted with this!
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 am
Location: The daddy of Abbots

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by ActonArthur » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:16 am

Yes. Brilliant news. I was fearing the worst here. Hopefully the sign of things to come with one or two others. Perhaps if he feels the team is heading in the right direction, likes the manager etc and nights like Wednesday help.
His value as an asset to us may have just doubled .

SuperHoopsa
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:47 pm

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by SuperHoopsa » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:34 am

Very good news.

Really says something about the atmosphere around the club if players (and one of our more regular and better) are willing to sign new contracts given our current predicament.

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6328
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by 222gers » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:57 pm

SuperHoopsa wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:34 am
Very good news.

Really says something about the atmosphere around the club if players (and one of our more regular and better) are willing to sign new contracts given our current predicament.
Could this be the green shoots of recovery for QPR - the last few seasons have nigh on killed me.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6325
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by deadendjob » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:35 pm

Most consistent player we've had in the past few seasons. Happy with this
Image

User avatar
Nw6ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm
Location: NW London

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by Nw6ranger » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:51 pm

Great news. Reliable player for us.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 11304
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm

Good news, although I don't like the new policy of refusing to reveal contract lengths.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16447
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by SM » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:24 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm
Good news, although I don't like the new policy of refusing to reveal contract lengths.
Agree 100%.

An absolute nonsense, new CEO trying to be too clever IMO. It doesn’t benefit anyone, just raises more suspicion and questions. Silly policy.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6328
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:54 pm

SM wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:24 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm
Good news, although I don't like the new policy of refusing to reveal contract lengths.
Agree 100%.

An absolute nonsense, new CEO trying to be too clever IMO. It doesn’t benefit anyone, just raises more suspicion and questions. Silly policy.
Whilst I'm inclined to agree Saf, I look back to when I started my years of toil supporting the R's, we never thought of contracts, financial matters etc. we just turned up at three on Saturday and watched the game. Oh, er, and went to the boozer.
I suppose with social media now, we are a bit more privy to the behind-the-scenes business.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6980
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by QPR_John » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:25 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm
Good news, although I don't like the new policy of refusing to reveal contract lengths.
Nobody as far as I'm aware has explained why we have any right to be told personal details regarding a players contract.

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16447
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by SM » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:17 am

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:25 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm
Good news, although I don't like the new policy of refusing to reveal contract lengths.
Nobody as far as I'm aware has explained why we have any right to be told personal details regarding a players contract.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting we should be told the exact specifics, but contract length? I absolutely think that’s totally reasonable.

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that Armstrong has signed an extension that the club have chosen not to announce. Why? Who knows. But it will encourage speculation as his current deal expires at the end of the season.

This news on Sam Field, he could have signed on for another year for all we know.

It’s a bizarre strategy IMO.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6980
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by QPR_John » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 am

SM wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:17 am
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:25 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm
Good news, although I don't like the new policy of refusing to reveal contract lengths.
Nobody as far as I'm aware has explained why we have any right to be told personal details regarding a players contract.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting we should be told the exact specifics, but contract length? I absolutely think that’s totally reasonable.

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that Armstrong has signed an extension that the club have chosen not to announce. Why? Who knows. But it will encourage speculation as his current deal expires at the end of the season.

This news on Sam Field, he could have signed on for another year for all we know.

It’s a bizarre strategy IMO.
Are you implying contract lengths should be common knowledge in every area of life or just football.

User avatar
FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 1165
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Toulouse, France

Re: Field signs new contract

Post by FrenchRanger » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 am
SM wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:17 am
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:25 am


Nobody as far as I'm aware has explained why we have any right to be told personal details regarding a players contract.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting we should be told the exact specifics, but contract length? I absolutely think that’s totally reasonable.

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that Armstrong has signed an extension that the club have chosen not to announce. Why? Who knows. But it will encourage speculation as his current deal expires at the end of the season.

This news on Sam Field, he could have signed on for another year for all we know.

It’s a bizarre strategy IMO.
Are you implying contract lengths should be common knowledge in every area of life or just football.
Only QPR :D
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Post Reply