makes sense now though

Maybe

Might have given it away

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: We getting relegated? POLL

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:29 pm

Australia to Zambia (my partner is from there) we are all R's fans but I'm sure WA Hoop is a Brit.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

JudeTheCat

Post by JudeTheCat » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:26 pm

Brit isnt the word i would describe him as

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Hanuhoff » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:47 pm

JudeTheCat wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:26 pm
I thought WA Hoop was slightly out of order initially. But you can pribbling idle-headed giglet off now.

pindarus
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by pindarus » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:42 pm

We hardly ever have any new posters on here and I would have thought we would welcome one. But the hostility of WA and other old contemptibles to Jude shows that newcomers are not wanted and the dwindling regulars would prefer this board to be treated like an exclusive gentlemen's club where you are not allowed to show enthusiasm or originality
This used to be a great board with dozens of witty and informed members but it will not be around for much longer with one or two of the attitudes. Take no notice Jude.

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:55 pm

I don't think the old guard don't want any new posters. I think I (we?) don't want the toxic enviroment of shouting and swearing often seen on social media and other message boards. Be it from a regular poster or from a newbie.
There is nothing wrong with disagreeing and having a strong debate with one another but name calling, bullying or ridiculing people shouldn't be permitted on here.
Just my thoughts.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:05 am

Wegerle wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:55 pm
I don't think the old guard don't want any new posters. I think I (we?) don't want the toxic enviroment of shouting and swearing often seen on social media and other message boards. Be it from a regular poster or from a newbie.
There is nothing wrong with disagreeing and having a strong debate with one another but name calling, bullying or ridiculing people shouldn't be permitted on here.
Just my thoughts.
I think you've summed it up pretty well there Wegerle. I'm all for genuine new posters, providing they show respect for the type of environment the dotorg affords us all. 8)
Question everything.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:09 am

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:47 pm
JudeTheCat wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:26 pm
I thought WA Hoop was slightly out of order initially. But you can pribbling idle-headed giglet off now.
Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't, maybe I could sense what was coming down the line. Incidentally, yes I'm one of the many Poms in this 'Great Southern Land'.
Question everything.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:43 am

pindarus wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:42 pm
We hardly ever have any new posters on here and I would have thought we would welcome one. But the hostility of WA and other old contemptibles to Jude shows that newcomers are not wanted and the dwindling regulars would prefer this board to be treated like an exclusive gentlemen's club where you are not allowed to show enthusiasm or originality
This used to be a great board with dozens of witty and informed members but it will not be around for much longer with one or two of the attitudes. Take no notice Jude.
Do you not think you're exhibiting a fair degree of hostility in your last two posts?

If it weren' for some of those regulars ('old contemptibles'?), in particular Stainesranger & ActonArthur, the dotorg would have long ceased to be a going concern. Judging by your dotorg history, you appear to be more of a reader of the dotorg than a poster and that's absolutely fine but maybe, if you care, you could help breathe some more vibrancy into the board. FWIW many ex-dotorgers can be found on LFW, still posting witty and informed comments but LFW's all too frequent toxic breakouts from, probably a minority, of 'social media types' are not for me. I much prefer the dotorg's (non-exclusive) gentlemanly atmosphere.
Question everything.

JudeTheCat

Post by JudeTheCat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:47 am

what a fun enviroment this seems

FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by FrenchRanger » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:18 am

JudeTheCat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:47 am
what a fun enviroment this seems
Says the guy who resorted to personal insults... whistle
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:25 am

DG had a long tradition of moderating the board to make sure everyone was civil to each other, there were no personal insults etc.

The dot.org is only carrying on thanks to the contributions of those who post here. When we had a zoom call a couple of years ago to discuss whether or not we should all club together to keep the message board going, one of the key things that people said they liked about it was that the posters (on the whole) were civil to each other, and the contributions were considered and insightful.

New posters are always welcome and it would be great if there was more lively debate on the board, but let's make sure disagreements aren't personal.

qprphilip
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by qprphilip » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:30 am

Fairly new to the site, Rangers since mid 50s, poor health keeps me away from games now, my last was in the Prem was when we beat Wigan 3-0 I believe. I don't post a lot, but mainly read the posts. Why don't you two call it a truce before all and sundry get involved with people taking sides which won't help this board in the slightest as people will get fed up with it and go, which is the last thing we want. So why don't you two just start over like two grown ups should do, both of you have Rangers at heart, that should be enough.

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:07 pm

qprphilip wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:30 am
Fairly new to the site, Rangers since mid 50s, poor health keeps me away from games now, my last was in the Prem was when we beat Wigan 3-0 I believe. I don't post a lot, but mainly read the posts. Why don't you two call it a truce before all and sundry get involved with people taking sides which won't help this board in the slightest as people will get fed up with it and go, which is the last thing we want. So why don't you two just start over like two grown ups should do, both of you have Rangers at heart, that should be enough.
Well said Philip