Just back ...

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Just back ...

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:54 pm

...earlier than usual - 20:45 instead of the usual "almost midnight" - thanks to the early kick off, after standing up at 4am this morning.

I am always very fast and concise.

- very poor match one of the worst I remember in recent seasons.
- very poor ref and linos, probably reaching the podium of the worst ever seen at LR. As the match was on TV I really hope whoever is managing the refs realizes how that guy is not fit to referee....
- H'field is a poor team, (but we could not beat them :roll: :roll: ) lucky to score their goal - their blonde 8 found the ball right in the middle of his feet by chance - and wasting time continuously with the ref allowing that and showing - at last - a yellow card at 90+2 !!
Every 5 minutes one of their players collapsed on the pitch, interrupting the game and in a couple of occasions stopping one of our rare fast counter attacks.
- At least we scored in extra time and managed to get a point, better than nothing and better than them getting the all three.
- Hope Frey can bring something more up front. Much needed.
- Willock - probably my fav player - today was completely useless.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Just back ...

Post by 222gers » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:15 pm

Thanks Giorgio…I missed yet another game on doctor's advice ( get as much rest as you can ), but I'm now glad I didn't go and at least made the pub.
For me, more important than staying up is offloading as many of these wasters and pox doctor's clerks at the end of the season as possible.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:51 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:54 pm
- very poor ref and linos, probably reaching the podium of the worst ever seen at LR. As the match was on TV I really hope whoever is managing the refs realizes how that guy is not fit to referee....
Just listening to a South African referee at AFCON telling the Egypt captain
he was disrespecting the game.
Wish he was officiating this afternoon.
Ifang Bondi

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:51 pm
Just listening to a South African referee at AFCON telling the Egypt captain
he was disrespecting the game.
Wish he was officiating this afternoon.
...talking to the H'field players....he would have lost his voice well before the end of the match... :roll: :roll:

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:00 am

Giorgio, that's a pretty fair assessment of what I saw. I just wanted to ask were you, or anyone else, euphoric when the equaliser wernt in? It's just that the BBC seemed to think so. :roll: ...

"But Paal sent the Loftus Road crowd euphoric deep in stoppage time, scruffily bundling in a cross from Chair at the far post to rescue a point."
Question everything.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:06 am

I was pretty euphoric! Could be a huge a point. I think had we lost psychologically that would’ve been us pretty much relegated. As it is we’re on a bit of a mini run and the results are improving under Marti. It wasn’t a good performance (maybe worst I’ve seen under him), but we got a point and that may breed a sliver of optimism.

I had my 5 year old with me who was gutted when their goal went it. Hopefully she’ll take away a bit of never give up fighting spirit!

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:42 am

Surely the time has come for retired players to meet with referees and give them some guidance to what players get up to and how they continually con referees. Sundays referee may well know all the laws of the game but he clearly does not understand the game itself. Where does stopping the game because a player decides to sit down in our penalty area come from especially as in this case we were on the attack and the player sitting down was a Huddersfield defender. Maybe I've answered my own question. Field getting booked because a Huddersfield defender stepped on him. A complete masterclass in how to lose control.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:58 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:00 am
Giorgio, that's a pretty fair assessment of what I saw. I just wanted to ask were you, or anyone else, euphoric when the equaliser wernt in? It's just that the BBC seemed to think so. :roll: ...

"But Paal sent the Loftus Road crowd euphoric deep in stoppage time, scruffily bundling in a cross from Chair at the far post to rescue a point."
...of course I was....scoring on the 95th minutes...then 1 point is always better than nothing I get the point and avoid opening the gap to safety even wider...

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:59 am

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:42 am
Surely the time has come for retired players to meet with referees and give them some guidance to what players get up to and how they continually con referees. Sundays referee may well know all the laws of the game but he clearly does not understand the game itself. Where does stopping the game because a player decides to sit down in our penalty area come from especially as in this case we were on the attack and the player sitting down was a Huddersfield defender. Maybe I've answered my own question. Field getting booked because a Huddersfield defender stepped on him. A complete masterclass in how to lose control.
...and Drew too after he got a nasty slap in his face....I was expecting the yellow card going the other side...and thought "what the F...??"

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:08 am

Giorgio wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:58 am
WA Hoop wrote:

...of course I was....scoring on the 95th minutes...then 1 point is always better than nothing I get the point and avoid opening the gap to safety even wider...
OK Giorgio, I get where you're coming from and agree to a certain extent. I've got to say that I was more 'relieved' we ultimately didn't lose a six pointer but I think I will reserve my 'euphoria' for the day that we avoid relegation...hopefully?!
Question everything.

FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by FrenchRanger » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:51 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:08 am
Giorgio wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:58 am
WA Hoop wrote:

I think I will reserve my 'euphoria' for the day that we avoid relegation...hopefully?!
Should be some time around March / April next year :wink:

(I'm kidding, obviously, it'll be early March this year!)
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Nw6ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nw6ranger » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:35 pm

I think Field has picked up enough yellow cards to be suspended now.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:47 pm

Nw6ranger wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:35 pm
Out for the next two games I'm told. Plus I imagine Cannon with seemingly no Ossie as deputy.

Blimey…..

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:39 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:47 pm
Nw6ranger wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:35 pm
Out for the next two games I'm told. Plus I imagine Cannon with seemingly no Ossie as deputy.

Blimey…..
Yeah two games as he's got 10 yellows.