Just got back ... A bit late as I was tired last night.

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Just got back ... A bit late as I was tired last night.

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:18 am

Well, that was much better.

You will probably have seen the goals by now on TV or Social Media. Both quite scrappy, but who cares, a goal is a goal.

The highlights didn't show Armstrong go through in the first 5 minutes and instead of passing to a totally unmarked Willock to his right, he shot. The ball smashing into the upper tier of the School End. This to me epitomized where we have been going wrong in recent weeks. A lack of team work, a lack of awareness, and attempting to smash it in from distance (and failing). I've got to be honest, I thought here we go again.

However, after that things improved. They started to play as a team, the passing and movement was excellent, and we seemed to commit more bodies forward. This was not a lucky win, it was a well deserved victory against a very poor Millwall side. I would point out we have played a few poor sides in recent weeks and lost, so this was a real positive.

No one had a bad game. Millwall's only shot on target was not dealt with by Begovic - a soft right hand. Thankfully, Cook and Reggie were behind him on the line. and Reggie cleared. Apart from that Millwall didn't get close to, or even look like scoring. Once it went 2-0, we were comfortable.

Great atmosphere - we won, we won at home, we won a London derby and we kept a clean sheet. What's not to like.

Sadly the Millwall fans seem to revel in their bad reputation, and when one of our players went down in the penalty area at the School End, their 'fans' threw a number of objects onto the pitch, I can only assume aimed at our players. Absolutely disgusting.

So, 3 points won. It will be meaningless if we don't win next Sunday though. If we are to survive, we must go on a run of positive results.

And another positive ... it was only the second time this season (and the first time in the League) we didn't pick up any cards.

UR's!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Just got back ... A bit late as I was tired last night.

Post by stainesranger » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:09 am

Thanks Zenith. That’s how I saw it too. Great to have some hope back again.

If we can get the atmosphere going on Saturday it has the potential to be a special game!

SuperHoopsa
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by SuperHoopsa » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:28 am

stainesranger wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:09 am
If we can get the atmosphere going on Saturday it has the potential to be a special game!
The Huddersfield game is on Sunday, although I applaud your dedication getting there 24 hours early!

Great report Zenith, indeed the Millwall fans started throwing objects at Cannon after his goal line clearance.

I am also glad the blatant handball by Millwall in their box did not cost us in the end. It does seem that the opposition can have multiple goal keepers on the pitch when they visit Loftus Road. 2 Home games in a row where blatant hand balls have been waved away, the referees had clear line of sight in both cases too.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:44 pm

SuperHoopsa wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:28 am
stainesranger wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:09 am
The Huddersfield game is on Sunday, although I applaud your dedication getting there 24 hours early!

Great report Zenith, indeed the Millwall fans started throwing objects at Cannon after his goal line clearance.

I am also glad the blatant handball by Millwall in their box did not cost us in the end. It does seem that the opposition can have multiple goal keepers on the pitch when they visit Loftus Road. 2 Home games in a row where blatant hand balls have been waved away, the referees had clear line of sight in both cases too.
Just seen Leeds' injury time penalty against Preston. No difference. The ball hit his arm, which was away from his body, and therefore making himself bigger. Was his arm in an unnatural position? Yes it was.

Leeds get their penalty kick, and we got nothing (again).
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:48 pm

Surely Wall will be punished for their fans throwing detritis onto the pitch.
How about a nice points deduction ?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:09 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:48 pm
Surely Wall will be punished for their fans throwing detritis onto the pitch.
How about a nice points deduction ?
....20 would do justice enough :wink:

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:11 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:18 am
And another positive ... it was only the second time this season (and the first time in the League) we didn't pick up any cards.

UR's!
..yes...I did not realize that...though I remember Colback went near when he fouled one guy running away....he got only a verbal admonition

SuperHoopsa
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by SuperHoopsa » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:47 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:11 pm
ZENITH R wrote:

UR's!
..yes...I did not realize that...though I remember Colback went near when he fouled one guy running away....he got only a verbal admonition
Quite shocking as Sam Filed was playing too :lol:

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:06 am

SuperHoopsa wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:47 am
Giorgio wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:

UR's!
Quite shocking as Sam Filed was playing too :lol:
Sam Field and Jack Colback! It only took Field 5 minutes against Watford to be booked for shirt pulling. I did notice he did it on Saturday too, but got away with it.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

bwhoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by bwhoops » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:07 am

Giorgio wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:

UR's!

We must have got quite close to one because Sinclair Armstrong started taking his shirt off during his goal celebration but then thought better of it just in time!