New CEO

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: New CEO

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:30 pm

My biggest worry about this is that it wasn't long ago Marti was talking about being limited by finances but trying to be creative in the window. Now, assuming he meant that at the time, how does he feel about this? Has he been misled about what he was going to be able to do in January? Was there ever any real plan at all?

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:27 pm

Another weird thing with this all is Hoos "retiring" from being CEO but still being Chair at the club. Usually the word "Retire" is associated with ceasing to work. It's just an odd use of words.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:26 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:46 am
stainesranger wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 pm
Wait, is he 27 years old?! I can't find any details for any Christian Nourry on companies house, except for a 27 year old. It might not be him (especially as he says he's been working in football for 11 years), but if it isn't him then who is he? Does he have the years of business experience to manage the day to day operations of a football club? There's very little info out there on who he is other than his work for Retexo, and his linkedin only has details of his university and his role at Retexo:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christian-n-22b1461b6/

No mention of previous employment, just that he was in business school in 2020.

And my mate who has worked successfully for many years in football data analytics has never heard of him.
I'm trying not to be ageist, after all Amit was a similar age when he first got involved with the club, but in the back of my mind I can't help thinking have we just been 'Bealed' again? Time will tell. I also have a mate who's heavily involved in football analytics, I will ask him if he knows of young Christian.
Did your mate report back?

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:04 pm

It does not have a great look. I wonder if Hoos is conveniently taking himself away from the fan before the sh1t hits it.

bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:22 am

With regard to Hoos it seems quite clear from what he says in that same article about our new CEO (link is further down if you've missed it) that he is very much taking a backseat to spend time with family in the U.S.

Call it retirement but very much an absent Chairman based on that.

:?
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:07 am

stainesranger wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:26 pm
WA Hoop wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:46 am
stainesranger wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 pm
Wait, is he 27 years old?! I can't find any details for any Christian Nourry on companies house, except for a 27 year old. It might not be him (especially as he says he's been working in football for 11 years), but if it isn't him then who is he? Does he have the years of business experience to manage the day to day operations of a football club? There's very little info out there on who he is other than his work for Retexo, and his linkedin only has details of his university and his role at Retexo:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christian-n-22b1461b6/

No mention of previous employment, just that he was in business school in 2020.

And my mate who has worked successfully for many years in football data analytics has never heard of him.
I'm trying not to be ageist, after all Amit was a similar age when he first got involved with the club, but in the back of my mind I can't help thinking have we just been 'Bealed' again? Time will tell. I also have a mate who's heavily involved in football analytics, I will ask him if he knows of young Christian.
Did your mate report back?
He didn't really say. His own analytics company had a few meetings with Les over recent years, so maybe he didn't really want to get into it, so I left it at that.
Question everything.