Post by QPR_John » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:13 pm

NM

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Chris Ramsey gone NM

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:33 pm

Tip of the iceberg, what about the incompetents who are alledgedly scouting and
greenlighting the recruitment of players who are slow, technically bereft and injury prone?
A few more need to walk the plank!
Last edited by Andy_N19 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifang Bondi

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Hanuhoff » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:49 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:33 pm
Tip of the iceberg, what about the incompetants who are alledgedly scouting and
greenlighting the recruitment of players who are slow, technically bereft and injury prone?
A few more need to walk the plank!
I'm assuming that this is down to Marti? Which suggests that anyone else he feels isn't doing the job he wants, or who he feels he can replace with someone that our budget allows will go. It's sensible. He's had some time to assess the staff here, no point paying people off if he rates them and he won't know if he rates them until he works with them for a time.

Personally, I wish Ramsey all the best. I don't know enough to know what he's done behind the scenes but he seems to be well regarded in the game and seems a decent bloke.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:29 pm

I presume Lee Hoos will take over Ramsey's role to help keep the wage bill down. Good luck, Lee.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:04 pm

Interesting time for him to move on. Possibly the intention is to free up wages for the Transfer window or maybe it was inevitable?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:40 pm

Nine days since the window slammed open and not a transfer murmur to be heard.
Has the club accepted relegation ?

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:11 pm

9 years too late.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SuperHoopsa
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by SuperHoopsa » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:08 am

222gers wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:40 pm
This is my worry at the moment, you'd have thought scouting and preparations would have been going on well before the window opened. Yet we haven't as much as a rumour yet. I do have to wonder who our scouts are and just what they do, is it not a full time job!?

I was at least expecting some loan deals. I am sure there are some bright up and coming youngsters looking to get some game time at some of the premier league teams that are only reserve players for them.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:21 am

Montag wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:11 pm
9 years too late.
Rayan Kolli's parents wouldn't agree with you. One of them just wrote a heartfelt letter thanking Ramsey for his involvement in Rayan's development.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

LP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by LP » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:28 am

222gers wrote:
It's noticeable that the murmurs have reduced over time, in time we'll find out of this is because there aren't any transfers in the pipeline; or whoever someone's contact was has moved on.

End of the month we'll find out if those sponsorships, people leaving, etc. will help us a) fund a signing or two, b) navigate FFP, or c) reduce any points deduction/transfer embargo which will ensue if the shit hits the fan.

Not a big fan of this uncertainty but I hope Martí made his decision to come here fully informed and with both parties in it for the long (3 years+) term.

Rate, Review & Discover Cheese - Cheese Subscriptions now LIVE! - https://fetaccompli.uk

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:21 am
Montag wrote:
9 years too late.
Rayan Kolli's parents wouldn't agree with you. One of them just wrote a heartfelt letter thanking Ramsey for his involvement in Rayan's development.
Kolli is OK. I imagine that is more to do with Kolli than anyone at the club. Otherwise, where are all the other fine products?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:53 pm

Montag wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Montag wrote:
9 years too late.
Kolli is OK. I imagine that is more to do with Kolli than anyone at the club. Otherwise, where are all the other fine products?
Well, yes there don't seem to be any (many). We do though operate in an area with three Prem clubs on the doorstep and another batch of league clubs a hoot and a holler away.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:23 pm

LP wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:28 am
222gers wrote:
It's noticeable that the murmurs have reduced over time, in time we'll find out of this is because there aren't any transfers in the pipeline; or whoever someone's contact was has moved on.
There was a claim on Twitter this week that the operations manager had a purge of leakers, and that some staff revolted and took action against him, resulting in his departure (with the additional claim that this is what Nick London was referring to when he made the comments that saw him also leave).

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:49 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Montag wrote:
9 years too late.
Yeah, but what would they know ? Or the likes of Chair or Eze, two of our best players in recent years, and in whose development he was instrumental.

Let's not confuse the issue with light and shade though. Off with all their heads.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:33 am

222gers wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:53 pm
Montag wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 pm
ZENITH R wrote:

Well, yes there don't seem to be any (many). We do though operate in an area with three Prem clubs on the doorstep and another batch of league clubs a hoot and a holler away.
Quite. London's a huge catchment area, but we're competing against 7 PL clubs with a lot more money and better facilities. We didn't even have a decent training ground until the start of this season.

The club is in a mess, and it's right that we should shake things up and bring in people with a fresh approach. Ramsey's been part of the set-up that's got us here, and it's right that he should move on, but arguing that he's been shit at his job and has contributed nothing in his time here is just lazy thinking.