In truth it's no disgrace

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

In truth it's no disgrace

Post by Montag » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:36 pm

To lose to Bournemouth. A side assembled at a cost of 100s of Millions of pounds. In a weekend without a single giant killing act let alone 2 to rub together. Unless you count Maidstones win. Which of course we don't. It shows what the true disgrace of English football is: The obscene disparity across the divisions particularly that of the EPL and everyone else. The whole thing is utterly shameful. The fact that our ravaged little club which has suffered so many Charlatans over the past decade or so was the closest to being the only real upset of the round says everything and is in a perverse way some sort of consolation. At least we don't have to make up the numbers in the next round and perpetuate the falsehood that this is a genuine competition.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: In truth it's no disgrace

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am

Montag wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:36 pm
To lose to Bournemouth. A side assembled at a cost of 100s of Millions of pounds. In a weekend without a single giant killing act let alone 2 to rub together. Unless you count Maidstones win. Which of course we don't. It shows what the true disgrace of English football is: The obscene disparity across the divisions particularly that of the EPL and everyone else. The whole thing is utterly shameful. The fact that our ravaged little club which has suffered so many Charlatans over the past decade or so was the closest to being the only real upset of the round says everything and is in a perverse way some sort of consolation. At least we don't have to make up the numbers in the next round and perpetuate the falsehood that this is a genuine competition.
Maybe not, but the performances against Millwall & Cardiff in particular were a disgrace, and potentially what's going to cost us in the long run.
Question everything.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:54 am

100% right.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

pindarus
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by pindarus » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:45 pm

Nobody should lose from 2 nil up at half time.

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:50 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am
Montag wrote:
Maybe not, but the performances against Millwall & Cardiff in particular were a disgrace, and potentially what's going to cost us in the long run.
Agreed, if those dropped points cost us a top six finish it’ll cost me £££’s

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:02 am

Me too! :oops:

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:13 am

redinjun wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:50 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am
Montag wrote:
Agreed, if those dropped points cost us a top six finish it’ll cost me £££’s
You can't beat a bit of gallows humour. aniclap
Question everything.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:12 am

I wish I was joking. :oops: