Chances of Survival…

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Chances of Survival…

Post by SM » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:44 am

Anyone genuinely believe that this lot have it in them to stay up?

Hate to sound defeatist, but I can’t see it.

I think we’re done.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Chances of Survival…

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:30 am

If we can't beat Rotherham, Sheff Wed, 10 man Plymouth, Millwall or Cardiff and can only muster 2 points & 3 goals against the lot of them, then probably not. aniwall
Question everything.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:12 am

Twenty games still to go and only four points adrift, so of course we have a chance. I’d agree it’s hard to see it happening with the squad as it currently stands, but hopefully we will be able to change things in the transfer window.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:07 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:12 am
Twenty games still to go and only four points adrift, so of course we have a chance. I’d agree it’s hard to see it happening with the squad as it currently stands, but hopefully we will be able to change things in the transfer window.
I totally agree Ux, a long way to go. But we do need to have some inspired signings either on loan or permanently. We also need to work on getting the basics right - starting with set pieces, offensively and defensively. Yesterday Cardiff offered little apart from two set pieces, and we were sunk.

It looks like the Birmingham board have realised their error, and are going to dump Rooney, which realistically, the longer he stays there the better for us. But, it remains down to us to get out of this mess.

Go Marti! Sort them out.

BREAKING NEWS .... Rooney sacked.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by loonee » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:00 pm

Unfortunately I don't see any chance of staying up with this lot. It may be 4 points at the moment but it looks like Sheff Wed will end up above us (can't see any way we will get more points than them from now) so catching Huddersfield won't help much, and Brum having now sacked Rooney have a better chance of winning a few games.

If Cook, Chair and Willock stayed fit for the rest of the season (that's not likely though, is it), along with some decent loans/signings we might have an outside chance, but currently extremely pessimistic.

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:40 pm

Just for fun here’s another way of framing it - 14 months ago most of ‘this lot’ were top of the league, and since Mari took over we’ve had 3 clean sheets in a row, 3 victories in a row, held the 2nd placed team in the league away, beaten a highly accomplished Hull City, Willock looks like a player again and our manager talks in complete sentences, so yes I believe it.

Whether it will happen is an entirely different issue and that’s why the games are played, to find out.

My actual money is on us finishing top half or top 6 but that was driven by some outrageous odds and a mild gambling addiction.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:46 pm

You Sir, are a true Ranger.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:49 pm

redinjun wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:40 pm
Just for fun here’s another way of framing it - 14 months ago most of ‘this lot’ were top of the league, and since Mari took over we’ve had 3 clean sheets in a row, 3 victories in a row, held the 2nd placed team in the league away, beaten a highly accomplished Hull City, Willock looks like a player again and our manager talks in complete sentences, so yes I believe it.

Whether it will happen is an entirely different issue and that’s why the games are played, to find out.

My actual money is on us finishing top half or top 6 but that was driven by some outrageous odds and a mild gambling addiction.
I like your thinking!

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:29 pm

We are QPR, the antithesis of conventionality.

Don't despair...

https://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/ ... ush-palace
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

ANDREW1302
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:07 pm

Very unlikely. From top to bottom the club is and has been a complete mess ever since Fernandes arrived on his personal ego trip. Truth is Wednesday are looking and sounding good so for me it is Rotheram, QPR and Huddersfield who will go down. Of those QPR will be bottom of the league with the current attitude. We are weak as a footballing side but even worse mentally. When the organisation is sick at the top the bottom will fail. We have an owner who may be sweet but is not only clueless on football but also has no idea who to rely on. I have said it for years the club is on the way down and frankly i see no reason why it will end at League 1 . There are some good footballing sides in the division and they all play with an up and at them lads attitude which our players cannot cope with at all, summed up by Richards who for me is representative of the majority of the players and the complete uselessness of the management. I mean who would buy him from Brighton? Clearly with 5 minutes of research you would know he was a baddun. And what about Dozzel or Colback or etc etc? We have no strikers, a timid midfield, and a gaff prone defence who have no idea at set pieces.

Any rays of hope? Someone buys Dykes who just appears to have given up, sell Chair and get some money in to get some players in who are prepared to work and have some idea where the goal is. A gamble with Chair but our only chance in my view is to buy some players in which we can only do if we sell him.

For the 50 plus years i have watched QPR i really cannot think of a time when so many aspects of the club have been so bad . The only good thing is Marti who does seem to have a good idea. Whether he will stick around for long is another thing. If he doesn't get anyone in in January i can see him disappearing pretty pronto. I have 2 season tickets and having stuck it out for the last 2 seasons i am going to give it a rest now. To watch the gross mis management of the club by Ruben, Hoos and Ferdinand combined with who i regard as the biggest disaster to ever happen to QPR, Fernandes is simply too much to bear.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:04 pm

….can be summed up in one word. Minimal.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:16 pm

The only way I can see it is if we recruit well this window. With FFP and no money though, it seems highly unlikely.
I wouldn't put the blame on Marti if he fails though. We're playing some of the best football we have in years with a severely limited squad.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:45 am

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:29 pm
We are QPR, the antithesis of conventionality.

Don't despair...

https://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/ ... ush-palace

I was there that day and remember those bar-steward Palace fans releasing black balloons bnefore kick-off to mark our supposed impending relegation.
Question everything.

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:18 am

redinjun wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:40 pm
Just for fun here’s another way of framing it - 14 months ago most of ‘this lot’ were top of the league
We really have to move on from this table topping story. We won a few games at the start of the season. Every club in history has had it's flutter up top at the beginning of a season. It means absolutely nothing.

In real life however we have been the champions of losing games for many a year now. The gradual decline over the years has been masked by some unexpected wins and last gasp survivals but it looks like this season we can't be saved unless some truly inspirational signings will be made.

I will be more than happy though to get these thoughts shoved in my face at the end of the season.

FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by FrenchRanger » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:41 am

I foolishly got a little excited after the arrival of Marti and the marked improvement in results which followed.
Whilst the excitement has been done for over the last half a dozen games, I'm still hoping (beyond hope?) that he can find a way to bring in some new blood during the transfer window, and get enough cohesion in the squad / momentum to get to, and stay at, 21st place.
Anything else would be a bonus.
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld