Chances of Survival…

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Re: Chances of Survival…

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:54 pm

FrenchRanger wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:41 am
I foolishly got a little excited after the arrival of Marti and the marked improvement in results which followed.
Whilst the excitement has been done for over the last half a dozen games, I'm still hoping (beyond hope?) that he can find a way to bring in some new blood during the transfer window, and get enough cohesion in the squad / momentum to get to, and stay at, 21st place.
Anything else would be a bonus.
Being positive ...

Marti's record is still OK. It is certainly a decent base to build on. We have a very small squad, and injuries have certainly hurt us. Lady luck in the form of refereeing decisions have not gone our way.

But, all is not lost. Keep the faith, Forget most of the division, all we need to do is finished 4th bottom for it to have been a successful season. We are only 4 points from there with 60 to play for. Those who are thinking success???? Everyone, had us relegated before a ball was kicked, including many on here, so yes, 4th bottom in those terms would be a success.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:07 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:54 pm
FrenchRanger wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:41 am
I foolishly got a little excited after the arrival of Marti and the marked improvement in results which followed.
Whilst the excitement has been done for over the last half a dozen games, I'm still hoping (beyond hope?) that he can find a way to bring in some new blood during the transfer window, and get enough cohesion in the squad / momentum to get to, and stay at, 21st place.
Anything else would be a bonus.
Being positive ...

Marti's record is still OK. It is certainly a decent base to build on. We have a very small squad, and injuries have certainly hurt us. Lady luck in the form of refereeing decisions have not gone our way.

But, all is not lost. Keep the faith, Forget most of the division, all we need to do is finished 4th bottom for it to have been a successful season. We are only 4 points from there with 60 to play for. Those who are thinking success???? Everyone, had us relegated before a ball was kicked, including many on here, so yes, 4th bottom in those terms would be a success.
I think most of us had the club relegated 35 seconds into the Watford game. And…we had the kickoff !

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:30 pm

when i saw the stat on cifuentes and his improvement in all areas of the pitch that cannot be denied as a realtive improvement.
i was at the watford game and like most, we played well in parts and should have probably won but inept finishing, bad luck and 2 worldies put paid to that.
I am hoping that as sometimes happen, things even themselves out and we start to pickup some points and have some luck in the coming weeks

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:34 am

ActonArthur wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:30 pm
when i saw the stat on cifuentes and his improvement in all areas of the pitch that cannot be denied as a realtive improvement.
i was at the watford game and like most, we played well in parts and should have probably won but inept finishing, bad luck and 2 worldies put paid to that.
I am hoping that as sometimes happen, things even themselves out and we start to pickup some points and have some luck in the coming weeks
:shock: If they were 'Worldies' then the bar has dropped to the point that even I might be able to score one. :wink:
Question everything.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:42 pm

Must say that was the lowest I’ve felt all season. To play like that (everyone busted a gut and really wanted to win), but to lose by two felt like a massive moment. That’s when I accepted that we were going down.

That said, a few days later, I’m keeping some hope. The performances are so much better.

If Armstrong starts scoring goals he could be a talisman for us.

I do think we basically look relatively toothless upfront (the last game excepted) and vulnerable on the counter at home most weeks. Wonder if there’s scope for a tactical tweak when we know the opposition are gonna get loads behind the ball. Our best moments under Beale were all on the counter.

jayp
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jayp » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:45 pm

If SM doesn't think we will stay up - and you've followed the team home and away, then I feel a little flat about our chances. I watch on TV from USA, and often going to the games you see something a little different (body language, movement off the ball, etc).

If we go down, and keep Marti - then I am somewhat optimistic about our future. But also - I feel like it is just a rite of passage (for life) for Rangers to let you down at every turn.

Either way.. whatever the season...

Nw6ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nw6ranger » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:17 pm

Need to get max points from our next two matches which are winnable, then it's game on.

FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by FrenchRanger » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:38 am

Nw6ranger wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:17 pm
Need to get max points from our next two matches which are winnable, then it's game on.
I think we needed to get max points from our last two matches, which were winnable, sadly now I fear it's Game Over.
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:57 am

I agree that we've thrown away two very good opportunities to get points on the board, and things do look bleak. Nevertheless, there are 57 points to play for, and we're only 5 adrift, with the teams around us still to play. It certainly isn't over. If football were that predictable, most of us would have given up watching a long time ago.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?