January Transfer Window

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6513
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:16 am

Apparently, Dozy is "buzzing" :shock:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68029157

So basically, Moany Towbray has signed his mate's son.
Question everything.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10143
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:38 am

We are being linked with a Japanese midfielder Eric Shun on loan to replace Dozzell. He was with Cifuentes at Hammarby. 22 years old. Currently at Urawa Red Diamonds in Japan.

An announcement expected soon.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

notlob66
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:09 pm

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by notlob66 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:57 am

Hopefully Eric Shun will stiffen up the midfield😉

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 am

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:58 am

Will poke a bit of life into the team, hopefully

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:30 pm

Just seen Eze warming up for Palace today, and wanted to remind you good people
what a proper professional footballer looks like as opposed to Dozzell!
Ifang Bondi

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2438
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: KT19

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by Trojan » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:48 pm

I saw Sinclair Armstrong at London Bridge station on Wednesday, is he talking to Millwall?
Sorry in advance.

User avatar
FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 1162
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Toulouse, France

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by FrenchRanger » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:49 pm

notlob66 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:57 am
Hopefully Eric Shun will stiffen up the midfield😉
:lol: aniclap
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

User avatar
FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 1162
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Toulouse, France

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by FrenchRanger » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:48 pm

La Liga clubs Cadiz and Getafe have made offers for Sporting Gijon's French midfielder Jonathan Varane, the half-brother of Manchester United defender Raphael Varane. Championship sides Norwich and QPR also have bids in for the 22-year-old. (https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actuali ... on/1443736 - in French)
Naarch apparently offered 2.5m Euros, Cadiz & Getafe offered 1.5m Euros with sell on clause, QPR requested a loan with option to buy.
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by Giorgio » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:35 pm

FrenchRanger wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:48 pm
La Liga clubs Cadiz and Getafe have made offers for Sporting Gijon's French midfielder Jonathan Varane, the half-brother of Manchester United defender Raphael Varane. Championship sides Norwich and QPR also have bids in for the 22-year-old. (https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actuali ... on/1443736 - in French)
Naarch apparently offered 2.5m Euros, Cadiz & Getafe offered 1.5m Euros with sell on clause, QPR requested a loan with option to buy.
...but QPR added "...Please....!" (and were the only ones...) :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 5338
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by Giorgio » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:00 pm

...reading about this ..... may be is it real...?? Striker Micheal Frey to QPR is almost done #QPR

SuperHoopsa
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:47 pm

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by SuperHoopsa » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:20 pm


User avatar
LP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1559
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:33 am
Contact:

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by LP » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:17 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:00 pm
...reading about this ..... may be is it real...?? Striker Micheal Frey to QPR is almost done #QPR
Worth a gamble if the price is right. 24 goals in 39, then 7 in 14 before a move to Schalke where he hasn't scored - so he does know where the goal is (in Belgium at least), rather than being another attacker who only ever scores 1 in 10.

Jimmy Dunne linked with Blackburn as well. Nominal fee with the contract up in the summer and off you go m8.


Rate, Review & Discover Cheese - Cheese Subscriptions now LIVE! - https://fetaccompli.uk

User avatar
Nw6ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm
Location: NW London

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by Nw6ranger » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:02 pm

LP wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:17 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:00 pm
...reading about this ..... may be is it real...?? Striker Micheal Frey to QPR is almost done #QPR
Worth a gamble if the price is right. 24 goals in 39, then 7 in 14 before a move to Schalke where he hasn't scored - so he does know where the goal is (in Belgium at least), rather than being another attacker who only ever scores 1 in 10.

Jimmy Dunne linked with Blackburn as well. Nominal fee with the contract up in the summer and off you go m8.
Was hoping to get a few million for him but unfortunately hasn't pulled up any trees. Nice kid though so wish him the best.

User avatar
LP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1559
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:33 am
Contact:

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by LP » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:11 pm

Nw6ranger wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:02 pm
LP wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:17 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:00 pm
...reading about this ..... may be is it real...?? Striker Micheal Frey to QPR is almost done #QPR
Worth a gamble if the price is right. 24 goals in 39, then 7 in 14 before a move to Schalke where he hasn't scored - so he does know where the goal is (in Belgium at least), rather than being another attacker who only ever scores 1 in 10.

Jimmy Dunne linked with Blackburn as well. Nominal fee with the contract up in the summer and off you go m8.
Was hoping to get a few million for him but unfortunately hasn't pulled up any trees. Nice kid though so wish him the best.
Agreed. Sometimes (*or quite often in 'R' case) things just don't work out.


Rate, Review & Discover Cheese - Cheese Subscriptions now LIVE! - https://fetaccompli.uk

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: January Transfer Window

Post by jimjams » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:28 am

SuperHoopsa wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:20 pm
Duke-Mckenna on loan to Sutton.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january ... n-on-loan/
We must be certain of getting someone in. Dozzel and SDM might not be great options, but they are options. (SDM has played six times for us and been basically OK, so should be good for Sutton, at least.) At the moment we basically have three midfielders, and two of them are addicted to yellow cards.

Post Reply