Lootown...

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4616
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Lootown...

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:02 pm

Just gotten into the playoff final, I know they're rough round the
edges but good on them and further highlights our current disgusting
journey.
Ifang Bondi

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Lootown...

Post by IJM » Tue May 16, 2023 10:20 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:02 pm
Just gotten into the playoff final, I know they're rough round the
edges but good on them and further highlights our current disgusting
journey.
I was about to post something similar and I hope that Hoos and Ferdinand are taking notice. Whether we like Luton or not, I'm not fussed either way, they are a very comparable club to ours in having low crowds, a very poor stadium and limited funds.
So I wish them every success especially after being unjustly deducted 35 points all those years back which effectively saw them disappearing for a time into non league football.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4616
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Lootown...

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed May 17, 2023 9:01 pm

Glad that Coventry got through too, Championship playoff final is like
a phoenix final for clubs that were basically dead!
Ifang Bondi

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6313
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Lootown...

Post by deadendjob » Wed May 17, 2023 9:40 pm

Crazy to think that Luton were non-league 2013/2014.
Got promoted back to back from league 2 to league 1 2017/18 then league 1 to championship 2018/19.

Coventry haven't been in the top flight in 21yrs. Won league 2 in 2018.

Stoked it was those two club. Both Clubs don't have any money and don't deserve to be anywhere near the Premier League on paper :lol:
Image

User avatar
Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5647
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Lootown...

Post by Montag » Wed May 17, 2023 9:40 pm

IJM wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:20 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:02 pm
Just gotten into the playoff final, I know they're rough round the
edges but good on them and further highlights our current disgusting
journey.
I was about to post something similar and I hope that Hoos and Ferdinand are taking notice. Whether we like Luton or not, I'm not fussed either way, they are a very comparable club to ours in having low crowds, a very poor stadium and limited funds.
So I wish them every success especially after being unjustly deducted 35 points all those years back which effectively saw them disappearing for a time into non league football.
Agreed. Ferdinand doesn't need to be taking notice he needs to be given notice. We have a top heavy development team who have developed no one and a physio team that can't keep an 18 year old fit. We are getting zero for our money from these people. Why?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6313
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Lootown...

Post by deadendjob » Sat May 27, 2023 7:16 pm

They flipping did it. Promoted to the Prem on Pens.
Hilarious what the away fans are going to have to deal with
Image

User avatar
wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor
Posts: 4705
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:35 pm
Location: St Albans

Re: Lootown...

Post by wrinklyhoop » Sun May 28, 2023 6:59 am

I think you have to admire what they’ve achieved. Should be an object lesson for our lot!
Image

pindarus
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Lootown...

Post by pindarus » Sun May 28, 2023 12:37 pm

I thought Luton, who specialize in direct football, looked in a different league to us. And now of course they are.
Can you see Chris Martin emulating Adebayo?

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4616
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Lootown...

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun May 28, 2023 12:46 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:16 pm
Hilarious what the away fans are going to have to deal with
Possibly, but now they've surpassed us as a football club,
better finances
no outstanding debt
fiscal responsibility
new stadium on the horizon
making our club look like sh!t!!!
Ifang Bondi

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6242
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Lootown...

Post by 222gers » Sun May 28, 2023 1:44 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 12:46 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:16 pm
Hilarious what the away fans are going to have to deal with
Possibly, but now they've surpassed us as a football club,
better finances
no outstanding debt
fiscal responsibility
new stadium on the horizon
making our club look like sh!t!!!
It's true that some teams we played in division three when I started supporting, have left us behind - bournemouth, Luton, Brentford. Palace. But it's also the case that some have gone the other way - Gillingham, Southend, Wrexham, Colchester, Swindon, Walsall, Exeter et al.

User avatar
beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Re: Lootown...

Post by beaglebum » Mon May 29, 2023 2:42 pm

It's been a funny season thats for sure. Its unlikely you would've predicted leicester, leeds and soton relegated or Chelsea and west ham struggling. Or all 3 promoted sides staying up or brighton, villa Brentford and Fulham doing very well. The same in our league with Sunderland, luton and Coventry in the playoffs or last years beaten finalalists Huddersfield almost relegated.

These things happen. QPR are still in the championship and although our season ended dreadfully many other teams throughout the 4 leagues faired worse.

Looking at the clubs in the league we will be ome of the favs to go down next year but......football's a funny old game isn't it.

Post Reply