Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Fleetwood v QPR match thread

Post by Wegerle » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:02 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:57 pm
Good to see the lads were up for the fight 🙄

Our new manager hasn't exactly got them going yet. But then again, the cold, hard truth is that our squad lacks quality in just about every department. It is what it is. Next game we'll still be there cheering them on! :)

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:02 pm

Everton fans last night had banners out questioning their boards 'legitimacy'
perhaps we need to do the same.

I don't blame Critchley for this, I blame the players primarily who according to those who went
didn't give a sh!t and also the board who cannot get a decent recruitment policy in place.

BBC said upset result... cmon this is bloody QPR, this result was an odds on certainty!!

I also didn't like the image of Dykes laughing and joking with the Fleetwood mob at the
final whistle, he is part of the problem not a solution.
Last edited by Andy_N19 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifang Bondi

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:02 pm

I don't blame Critchley for this, I blame the players primarily who according to those who went
didn't give a sh!t and also the board who cannot get a decent recruitment policy in place.

BBC said upset result... cmon this is bloody QPR, this result was an odds on certainty!!
I watched the stream and for those who did not, it was pretty bad. Lack of creativity, minimal chances created. Lack of desire: too many 50/50s lost. Lack of good defending : both goals came from corners and should have been dealt with.
Disappointing but not entirely unpredictable. As I was placing my football coupon and saw our odds I just laughed. Any punter worth their salt would not have touched us with a barge pole. Ah well. Typical life of a QPR fan, 3rd round cup day edition.
My only consolation is that I did not do that crap journey up there and the terrible dark rainy drive home.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:51 pm

Seasons over .... Only a relegation fight to look forward to...

3 points to a playoff place? Might as well be 15...

Not really bothered if we are in League 1 in August.... We've got a squad suitable at the moment to at least be mid table...

I really have fallen out of love with QPR and football right now...
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:55 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:

I also didn't like the image of Dykes laughing and joking with the Fleetwood mob at the
How short is your memory ? We've been losing cup games against lower league opposition on a regular basis for two decades now, irrespective of the quality of the board, manager or team representing the club at the time. Obviously it's hugely annoying and frustrating for us fans, but the idea that it means we should advocate
driving out the current owners of the back of it is idiotic.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:07 pm

At least we now hold the record for most exits in the Third Round outright instead of sharing it aniwall
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:19 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:51 pm

Not really bothered if we are in League 1 in August.... We've got a squad suitable at the moment to at least be mid table...

I know. I fell out of love with football years back, hardly looking at the results, but of course kept going “dahn the Bush”.
I can hardly believe just awhile back I was raising my glass to this team after the Watford game and of course sinking the contents.
By all accounts today they could hardly be bothered to put on their boots and stroll out onto the pitch.
Yes, we have injuries but this is really unacceptable..

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:20 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:55 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:

How short is your memory ? We've been losing cup games against lower league opposition on a regular basis for two decades now, irrespective of the quality of the board, manager or team representing the club at the time. Obviously it's hugely annoying and frustrating for us fans, but the idea that it means we should advocate
driving out the current owners of the back of it is idiotic.
I'm well aware of our cup "pedigree", but today seems like a straw breaking the camels back.
The horrible reality of our poor squad is stark now. Critchley hasn't been there long enough,
but the lack of fight today from the playing staff now happens too regularly, are they having a chat
with Mick Lynch these days?

The recruitment mess is worrying, Brandon Thomas-Asante was knocking about at Milton Keynes then Ebbsfleet,
why are we unable to see these players coming up.

I don't advocate driving out the current board, but giving them a timely rocket because it's obvious that all
is not right at Loftus Road and they need to up their game and for goodness sake look at progressive clubs
like Brentford and Palace and see how and the types of players they recruit.
Ifang Bondi

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:38 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:19 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:51 pm

I know. I fell out of love with football years back, hardly looking at the results, but of course kept going “dahn the Bush”.
I can hardly believe just awhile back I was raising my glass to this team after the Watford game and of course sinking the contents.
By all accounts today they could hardly be bothered to put on their boots and stroll out onto the pitch.
Yes, we have injuries but this is really unacceptable..
Injuries?

Apart from the fullbacks and maybe Tim and Stef in midfield ... (3 of 4 were on the bench)

That looked a strong team to me and no excuses are good enough tonight....

Don't blame eel, the world cup or the wind you gutless bar stewards..

Give 100% that's all we ask
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

pindarus

Post by pindarus » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:12 pm

I don't really want to prejudge Critchley but honestly the one thing I can't forgive is lack of fight.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:49 pm

This team lacks balls, no Derry, no Hill.

I would expect an angry response next week but let’s see what happens

Nw6ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nw6ranger » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:51 pm

Sound like NC is as pissed off as us regarding the players putting in a shift.

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:05 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:47 pm
Something is profoundly wrong at the club and us as supporters are being kept in the dark.

The club are a pathetic parody of who they are supposed to be.
Do you think that some of the players feel let down because of Beale leaving and now they can't be bothered anymore? Like all the plans, hopes and promises are out of the window. I'm not picking on Willock but why has his form plummeted? Also they may feel disappointed when we don't have s natural goalscorer at the club and so know each game is a struggle. Whereas if we had an Adel Tarrabt type of player in the team or even an Austin at this prine, each player would know we have a chance of winning each game we play.. Whereas at the moment it feels when we win we scrape it.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:29 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:05 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:47 pm
Something is profoundly wrong at the club and us as supporters are being kept in the dark.

The club are a pathetic parody of who they are supposed to be.
Do you think that some of the players feel let down because of Beale leaving and now they can't be bothered anymore? Like all the plans, hopes and promises are out of the window. I'm not picking on Willock but why has his form plummeted? Also they may feel disappointed when we don't have s natural goalscorer at the club and so know each game is a struggle. Whereas if we had an Adel Tarrabt type of player in the team or even an Austin at this prine, each player would know we have a chance of winning each game we play.. Whereas at the moment it feels when we win we scrape it.
Two schools of thought. One is that the players aren't robots and things happening behind the scene are bound to unsettle them. The other is that they are highly paid professionals and should do their job regardless.