dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Fleetwood v QPR match thread

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:46 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:05 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:47 pm
Something is profoundly wrong at the club and us as supporters are being kept in the dark.

The club are a pathetic parody of who they are supposed to be.
Do you think that some of the players feel let down because of Beale leaving and now they can't be bothered anymore? Like all the plans, hopes and promises are out of the window. I'm not picking on Willock but why has his form plummeted? Also they may feel disappointed when we don't have s natural goalscorer at the club and so know each game is a struggle. Whereas if we had an Adel Tarrabt type of player in the team or even an Austin at this prine, each player would know we have a chance of winning each game we play.. Whereas at the moment it feels when we win we scrape it.
Oh,bless their hearts.

Beale was at the club for less than six months, and the vast majority of our squad were here before him. He wasn’t some sort of guru or managerial genius, and any player who can’t be bothered to do a job they’re disproportionately well paid for now that he’s gone can f**k right off as far as I’m concerned.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:23 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:46 pm
beaglebum wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:05 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:47 pm
Something is profoundly wrong at the club and us as supporters are being kept in the dark.

The club are a pathetic parody of who they are supposed to be.
Do you think that some of the players feel let down because of Beale leaving and now they can't be bothered anymore? Like all the plans, hopes and promises are out of the window. I'm not picking on Willock but why has his form plummeted? Also they may feel disappointed when we don't have s natural goalscorer at the club and so know each game is a struggle. Whereas if we had an Adel Tarrabt type of player in the team or even an Austin at this prine, each player would know we have a chance of winning each game we play.. Whereas at the moment it feels when we win we scrape it.
Oh,bless their hearts.

Beale was at the club for less than six months, and the vast majority of our squad were here before him. He wasn’t some sort of guru or managerial genius, and any player who can’t be bothered to do a job they’re disproportionately well paid for now that he’s gone can f**k right off as far as I’m concerned.
Indeed. We've all seen these players performing really well. We've also seen them collapse like a house of cards at the first sign of trouble. What are the expressions ? Man Up, Grow A Pair etc. I wouldn't like these people on my side in a pub brawl.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:37 am

Nw6ranger wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:51 pm
Sound like NC is as pissed off as us regarding the players putting in a shift.
I like Neil Critchley.

I see some fans are questioning his appointment already.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:08 am

222gers wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:23 pm

Indeed. We've all seen these players performing really well. We've also seen them collapse like a house of cards at the first sign of trouble. What are the expressions ? Man Up, Grow A Pair etc. I wouldn't like these people on my side in a pub brawl.
It's neigh on impossible to work out what is going on at our club isn't it.

We had the great love in after the 2-1 home win against Reading with videos of the players celebrating on the pitch, the squad seemed so united and together. We finished October well but since then our form has been all over the place. We did lose Johansen at the end of October and although we miss him I think it's too easy to use this as an excuse. We have Albert Adomah in the ranks who is one of us.

The only thing I can offer up is what I keep saying, the team lacks steel, it lacks leaders. We have some talented players but they are almost all introverted people, quiet. Johansen, Dunne, Dykes show some signs off aggression but it's not enough.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:07 am

That was all part of Neil's plan to get funding from the board for new players - innit? :wink:

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:30 pm

Nw6ranger wrote:
Good interview with him post-match. No soft-soaping the performance, which is encouraging.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:38 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:30 pm
Nw6ranger wrote:
Good interview with him post-match. No soft-soaping the performance, which is encouraging.
I agree. Too many average players thought they didn't have to turn yesterday.
Modern day players are pampered too much. There should be consequences for professional players who don't turn up and give their all. They should realise that they are performing for a paying audience every single match.
At the moment half the team aren't good enough and the other half don't care enough.
NC has his work cut and can prove his worth now!

pindarus

Post by pindarus » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:30 pm

Can anyone offer any explanation as to why Hamalaainen was chosen yesterday? I know some fool gave him a 4 year contract but it's surely obvious that he's woefully inadequate.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:42 pm

pindarus wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:30 pm
Can anyone offer any explanation as to why Hamalaainen was chosen yesterday? I know some fool gave him a 4 year contract but it's surely obvious that he's woefully inadequate.
There are quite a few of us wondering why he's still at Loftus Road,
his agent should be commended though! :roll:
Ifang Bondi

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:44 pm

pindarus wrote:
One can only assume it was to give Paal a rest and give him a chance to prove himself. I'd wager he failed at the latter - so here's hoping it gives NC enough weight to demand a replacement LB.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:29 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:44 pm
pindarus wrote:
One can only assume it was to give Paal a rest and give him a chance to prove himself. I'd wager he failed at the latter - so here's hoping it gives NC enough weight to demand a replacement LB.
He was OK. Didn't do anything remarkable, or anything stupid. It was a very ordinary performance, in a team of very ordinary performances. The one thing he doesn't offer though ... bombing down the wing and delivering a quality early ball into the box. We were crying out for that.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.