Fleetwood in the FA Cup

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Fleetwood in the FA Cup

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:12 pm

Just bought my ticket!

I really hope NC does not make the same mistake as so many of his predecessors and put out a weaker team. After a month off for the World Cup, they could all do with minutes on the pitch.

Please Neil ... select the strongest starting 11 available.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Fleetwood in the FA Cup

Post by Rbee » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:27 pm

For me it’s the chance to put minutes in other legs who haven’t been playing.

Both Kakay and Seny had knocks last night, rest them and any others who need it.

I always feel there is more chance of players picking up injuries in these games because the lower league teams are always that extra ‘up for it’ against higher league opposition.

The situation gets a little more complicated when we shouldn’t be playing those we have the chance of selling such as Bonne.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:49 pm

I guess this would be a pretty big game for Fleetwood. They might even put their Macs on on of it's raining.
Seriously, I have a copy of the South Shields Gazette wondering if Shields could contain “ The Might Of QPR “ when we played 'em in the cup.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:51 pm

Progression in the FA Cup brings in increasing prize money, not to mention the possibility of a big money tie, which we're surely in no position to thumb our noses at. It seems a no-brainer to give it our best shot, given we're unlikely to go up or down this season.

Bonne is out of contract in the summer, so it's highly unlikely anyone is going to pay money for him at this point.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:06 pm

I am hopeful that we could win this with mostly the first team and one or. two second string. albeit Fleetwood would be a new ground for me, I don't think the trains are good and I do not fancy driving so I will be following from home.

On another day, i would quite fancy a trip up to Blackpool and a few beers and a stroll along the prom prom prom.

I have not given up on the playoffs just yet as there is some hope in the performance from last night.

Will be interesting to see what the squad looks like at the end of the current. transfer window.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:51 pm

Danger of a banana skin, this one.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare