Post by Danish Ranger » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:40 pm

Our home form is absolutely awfull :(

When was the last time we scored at LR?

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Luton Town

Post by Wegerle » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:42 pm

We need new players in January, plain and simple. One win in 9 and only 2 goals scored in those 9 says it all.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:44 pm

Our usual tippy tappy pass it about aimlessly keeping possession. Not one ounce of steel in this powder puff outfit. Culminating in a striker that’s making Connor Washington look like a world beater.

Big changes needed in players and style of play in the new year. 😥

Paul Fitz
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Paul Fitz » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:44 pm

Yep
Alone again in the lap of luxury

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 pm

Couldn't get to LR this evening so watching on the box, very glad I did.

Critchley's managerial stint starts now, the team/club/institution won't improve
whilst we have this attacking problem.

We have very serious problems at HQ and Critchley knows it, if there isn't
action during January I'd be surprised.

I'm gonna console myself this with watching all the old footage of Pele reminding me what
proper football actually looks like.
Ifang Bondi

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:51 pm

Next home game Sheffield United. Not looking forward to that at all at the moment.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:57 pm

...our home form is dreadful....lost to WBA...H'field...Burnley....Luton...( at least today I saved some good money not going)
Last edited by Giorgio on Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:03 pm

I wouldn’t go again Giorgio until we see signs of improvement

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:07 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:03 pm
I wouldn’t go again Giorgio until we see signs of improvement

..I am going to miss Sheffield for the same reason (costs)...but I'll be back for Swansea....hope in the meantime we get some decent striker
and some new faces...

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:20 pm

The corners were better tonight 😂

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:27 pm

Time to sing the song to the tune of 'Go West' me thinks. :( Without Willock and Stephan we truly are scheiser, aren't we?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:34 pm

I'm just watching SSN .. they are showing the goals going in in the other Championship games.

The thing I am noticing is the amount of pace other teams have. Fast breaks, with players in support. We are slow, slow, slow.

Rather than looking to burst forward, we will play a it sideways or backwards to find a better option to lump it forward. I know the modern way is to play it out from the back, but we don't have the players to do this effectively.

Tonight, our crossing was woeful, mainly because Laird, Paar or Shodipo kept cutting back and looking for a better angle for the cross. This meant two things - Dykes who was ready suddenly found himself on his heels, and the defence had time to take up better positions. There was one time in the second half when Dykes was alone in the box as the ball came in, apart from the six Luton defenders.

In the first 5 minutes of the game we could have been 2-0 up and out of sight, if someone had made a run from midfield and had been on the edge of the box. But no one had. I think we are really missing Johansen at the moment, who often finds himself in exactly that position.

I think Neil Critchley has a lot of work on his hands.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:55 pm

A genuinely humiliating evening from my perspective, I try not to get too het up about individual results, and I can accept being thumped by Burnley and beaten by the likes of WBA,.clubs who've been in the Premier League recently and for significsnt periods. But Luton ? Yes, they're a good team, but one working with (significantly ?) fewer resources than we are, so to be so comprehensively beaten at home by them properly sticks in the craw. Somebody really needs to accept responsibility for the fact that the new manager has only Dykes to choose from as a genuine striking option, while they have Morris, Woodrow and Cornick, all of whom surely cost less together than Bonne, let alone Dykes.
We're a team that is almost entirely reliant on a handful of players performing, and when they're not, we look very ordinary indeed, to say the least.

NC has been here for five minutes, so clearly bears no responsibility for where we are at this point, but it does feel as if Ferdinand and / or Hoos ought to be questioning themselves at this point. Thoroughly hacked off tonight.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:12 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:55 pm
A genuinely humiliating evening from my perspective, I try not to get too het up about individual results, and I can accept being thumped by Burnley and beaten by the likes of WBA,.clubs who've been in the Premier League recently and for significsnt periods. But Luton ? Yes, they're a good team, but one working with (significantly ?) fewer resources than we are, so to be so comprehensively beaten at home by them properly sticks in the craw. Somebody really needs to accept responsibility for the fact that the new manager has only Dykes to choose from as a genuine striking option, while they have Morris, Woodrow and Cornick, all of whom surely cost less together than Bonne, let alone Dykes.
We're a team that is almost entirely reliant on a handful of players performing, and when they're not, we look very ordinary indeed, to say the least.

NC has been here for five minutes, so clearly bears no responsibility for where we are at this point, but it does feel as if Ferdinand and / or Hoos ought to be questioning themselves at this point. Thoroughly hacked off tonight.
A lot of people on here defend LF but I think he's been poor. A string of idiotic decisions which he helped influence early in his tenure has cost us dear. Hoos has done a little better because he has to handle the money which we all know was not helped by the pseudo FFP.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare