Critchley official

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Critchley official

Post by Hanuhoff » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:06 pm

Not sure how he'll work with our squad and how they've been set up to play but not a bad choice I think.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Critchley official

Post by carrotstick » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:48 pm

Welcome Neil, you certainly have a job on your hands. I have no doubt you have more integrity than the previous low life…. All the best… come on you R’sssss

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:03 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:48 pm
Welcome Neil, you certainly have a job on your hands. I have no doubt you have more integrity than the previous low life…. All the best… come on you R’sssss
Uh - based on reviews from Blackpool fans, he's cut from the same cloth.
Few Blackpool fans will say this (rightfully so because he is a snake), but Critchley is a good manager who has a great grasp of modern footballing ideas.
His best quality is his adaptability, not willing to be afraid to set up his team differently or make personnel changes based on the opposition, it genuinely felt like he had a plan for each game and that regardless of the opposition we had a chance to win because of how we set ourselves up.
In terms of style of play, we really didn’t have one and we tended to play more pragmatically due to us simply not having the quality to keep possession and attack.
We played a modern 4-4-2 that was less direct and more about pressing and counter pressing in order to create chances in transition, which worked well us. I can’t see this being the same at QPR, because QPR definitely have the players to control games and attack.
When he came to us he promised fluid, aggressive attacking play (like Liverpool), but he failed to implement that (probably because we didn’t have the players or he wasn’t as good at setting a team up that way) so I am intrigued to see if he will actually be able to do that at QPR.
Regardless, I hope he is a massive failure because he is a rat.
The reason behind this is because he made himself out to be this genuine, fan loving man who wanted nothing more than to be the manager of Blackpool. He would go over to our fans after every match, kiss the badge, pump his fists and hype us up, stay after matches to take pictures and sign stuff. He would talk about how great we were and how he wanted nothing more than to be our manager and that he was committed to our long term project (hence why he signed a contract extension until 2026).
We didn’t actually think he’d stay til then because of how good he was, but to leave so soon after signing the extension for an ASSISTANT MANAGER JOB, while making NO STATEMENT after everything he said and did to the fans was unforgivable. He just up and left and did not say a word.
Probably our best manager in a decade. Did an incredible job with what were mostly League One/Two players. Not exactly pretty, expansive football but he had the players and fans giving 100% every game. In all the time he was here there were maybe a handful of games where we weren't competitive, even against the likes of Fulham and Bournemouth he always seemed to set up in a way that would neuter the opponent's strengths.
But he's also a snake. Spent all his time here talking about how the club and the fans are something special then jumped at the first chance he got to become an assistant to his pal Stevie G. Then he didn't say a word of thanks or anything bout his departure until about a month later in an Aston Villa interview.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:12 pm

I think he looks a good fit.

Works on a tight budget and always thought Blackpool looked impressive under him.

We go again. Again.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:28 pm

A warm welcome ! Let's hope he gets cracking straight away - I don't think there's a great deal wrong with our squad, we need belief.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:36 pm

Good luck to him. Glad we've got someone with a bit of proper league experience not a novice like the last geezer. :wink:
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:04 am

Seems a sensible appointment in the circumstances, and certainly did a very good job at Blackpool. Welcome, Neil.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:11 pm

Nice interview with Neil Critchley on the Official Site but after his Blackpool exit and Beale most of it goes in one ear and out the other 😂

But obviously I wish him every success.

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:57 pm

Rbee wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:11 pm
Nice interview with Neil Critchley on the Official Site but after his Blackpool exit and Beale most of it goes in one ear and out the other 😂

Same here. We've heard it all before but one day a manager will deliver again. Let's hope it's Neil, best of luck to him. As a person he can't worse than the last one.😉

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 am

Personally, I found the interview a little odd and somewhat vanilla. Maybe it was Neil's 'the (Cheshire) cat that's got the cream' type grinning, I'm not sure, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway, I wish the fella all the best.
Question everything.

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:08 pm

Rbee wrote:

Absolutely right it's all lip service

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:09 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 am
Personally, I found the interview a little odd and somewhat vanilla. Maybe it was Neil's 'the (Cheshire) cat that's got the cream' type grinning, I'm not sure, I can't quite put my finger on it.

i thought that too

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:09 pm

the big IP wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:08 pm
Rbee wrote:

But obviously I wish him every success
Too right mate it's all lip service

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:30 pm

At least he gave Blackpool 2 seasons. If that's a snake then Bilge must be a giant python.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Nw6ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nw6ranger » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:58 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 am

Been watching a few of his post match interviews since his appointment and he is still grinning. Comes across as timid to me , I don't know, maybe he just doesn't like cameras.