Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: From Hero to Zero

Post by QPR_John » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:30 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:15 am
Trouble is, Beale got tempted and is human and he went. Most of us wouldn't have but we support QPR - he doesn't.
No problem with that. But why the speech after the Wolves fiasco. Complete pack of lies

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:31 pm

I’d like to think that integrity still matters and that it can actually help a build a business / a career, and that a lack of it might hinder the same. That might be me being naive though!

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:59 pm

Mick Beale's problem is the words that came out of his mouth about integrity, honesty, and sticking around.

Without that speech post Cardiff (and following the approach from Wolves) we would be saying - bugger, but OK, clearly Rangers can offer what we cant (European football), bigger stadium, crowds, and have won a lot more than we have. Throw in his history with Glasgow Rangers, and it's understandable. BUT, that little speech he made changed everything.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:34 pm

...well...he wanted to give the public a lesson about integrity and morals....
and he failed on both just few weeks later....
he should have kept his mouth well shut.... :roll:

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:00 pm

True enough. It is the bull*****ing that's done him.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:23 pm

I agree with people that have been saying it's not the fact he went to Rangers, it was what he said leading up to it.

I would even accept it, if it was completely out of the blue, GVB left Rangers for another role and Beale wanted to take it, however Rangers needing a new manager was being discussed the same time as Wolves needing a new manager (Albeit, Gio hadn't been sacked yet) so it could not have been a surprise to MB when the job because available, so even more baffling to say what he said!

Should have just said Wolves wasn't a good fit for him and moved on. I'm not shocked he left for Rangers, I think from day 1 he mentioned he wanted to be there, it's just the timing to the integrity speech which makes me want him to fail in everything he does going forward!

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:20 pm

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:23 pm
it's just the timing to the integrity speech which makes me want him to fail in everything he does going forward!
...so I guess that all of us fans hope that soon Karma will confirm to be a bitch.... :lol: :D :D :D

Caroline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Caroline » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:51 am

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:23 pm
I agree with people that have been saying it's not the fact he went to Rangers, it was what he said leading up to it.

I would even accept it, if it was completely out of the blue, GVB left Rangers for another role and Beale wanted to take it, however Rangers needing a new manager was being discussed the same time as Wolves needing a new manager (Albeit, Gio hadn't been sacked yet) so it could not have been a surprise to MB when the job because available, so even more baffling to say what he said!

Should have just said Wolves wasn't a good fit for him and moved on. I'm not shocked he left for Rangers, I think from day 1 he mentioned he wanted to be there, it's just the timing to the integrity speech which makes me want him to fail in everything he does going forward!
I agree with all this. I'll just add that my main issue is that MB probably knew at the end of October that he was leaving us. Our record since then is LDLLL. I believe his mind wasn't 100% on QPR, and that this has cost us valuable play-off chasing points. This may have massive implications come May. He should have just left in October, rather than gutlessly wait til the World Cup break to sneak off.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:07 pm

Don't forget he spoke to Stoke City just a few games in to the season so something wasn't right from the start.

I believe he had been given the nod about the Rangers job before the Wolves offer came up. If he hadn't been given that tip he would have gone to Wolves.

The only question is would he have left Wolves to join Rangers a few weeks later. Most probably.

Caroline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Caroline » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:59 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:07 pm
The only question is would he have left Wolves to join Rangers a few weeks later. Most probably.
Let's be honest, THAT would have been hilarious!!

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:48 am

This clown will enjoy Glasgow whilst the sun shines and the SPL also rans roll over at Ibrox, but when times get tough, a man of such low character will enjoy little support from the Rangers faithful.

He'll be out of football in 24 months. Loser
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:37 pm

Very satisfying 88th minute equaliser for Celtic… he’s flown by the seat of his pants in other matches too… hope it goes terribly for him this year!

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:22 pm

His predecessor ... Giovanni van Bronckhorst was sacked after ...

Finishing runners up in the Scottish Premier League (by 4 points)
Winning the Scottish FA Cup (their first FA Cup trophy since 2009 and having beaten Celtic in the semi-final)
Finishing runners up in the UEFA Cup/UEFA Europa League

They qualified for the Champions League but lost all their games - Against Liverpool, Napoli and Ajax. Clearly out of their depth, but the managers fault?

The bar is set extremely high. GvB got a year.

If/ when he is sacked ... where does Mick Beale go from there.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:41 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:37 pm
Very satisfying 88th minute equaliser for Celtic… he’s flown by the seat of his pants in other matches too… hope it goes terribly for him this year!
The irony of conceding in the 96th minute tonight.....
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....