Here we go again

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6382
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Here we go again

Post by Rbee » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:15 am

I get the feeling there is a lot going on behind the scenes! Amit liked this Tweet below whilst early this morning Jim White tweeted that we haven’t given Mick permission to speak with Glasgow Rangers.

Actually low that Michael Beale at @QPR who talks very high (well thought he did) speaks highly of the owners, fans and what he is doing at qpr then sees rangers offer him a job and does a runner, deletes twitter the lot! That’s low…..@Amit_Bhatia99 must be fuminggggggggggg

User avatar
WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6128
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Here we go again

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:43 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:10 am
Anyone like me of a certain age will remember when El Tel went to Barca, Stan went to Forest and Rodney left for Man City....

All had integrity and a love for the club but Jim Gregory said to all he couldn't stand in their way....

No we can't stand in Mick Beale's way simply because he has only reaped chaos and confusion in his six months with us.....

Most notably sky sports in it's breaking news of Rangers approach pointed out his "loyalty and integrity" schtick when turning down Wolves....

He could have killed this quickly but now this has gone too far now and he needs to go....
Clearly I'm of a similar age and I was seriously disappointed when El Tel departed but the Lineker & Hughes Barcelona was a completely different prospect from modern day Glasgow Rangers!
Question everything.

User avatar
Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5333
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Here we go again

Post by Montag » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:40 pm

I've seen Venners interviewed about Barcelona, and he said that he asked Jim G for a raise before jumping ship. When he told JG that Barca were showing interest in him as leverage, JG replied sarcastically "Yeah, course they are" and refused to give him a raise. The rest as they say, is history: enter Mullery et al. Very, very different to what we have now. I hope MB maintains his integrity and sticks with us to see the job through. I saw Simon Jordan talking about it and he thought it unlikely that MB would go to RFC when he could've gone to a EPL side. Very good point.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5822
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Here we go again

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:19 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:40 pm
I've seen Venners interviewed about Barcelona, and he said that he asked Jim G for a raise before jumping ship. When he told JG that Barca were showing interest in him as leverage, JG replied sarcastically "Yeah, course they are" and refused to give him a raise. The rest as they say, is history: enter Mullery et al. Very, very different to what we have now. I hope MB maintains his integrity and sticks with us to see the job through. I saw Simon Jordan talking about it and he thought it unlikely that MB would go to RFC when he could've gone to a EPL side. Very good point.
Never heard that story before but El Tel was out of contract and apparently there had been a handshake on a new deal..... As said it's history now

Reading the various scribes Twitter feed.... This is not as cut and dried as first thought....

Jim White even said the club have refused Rangers talking to Beale which is odd as sky sports said the club had agreed.....
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6382
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Here we go again

Post by Rbee » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:18 pm

Jim White just tweeted

Understand @RangersFC now in direct contact with @QPR which could see Michael Beale return to Ibrox.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4384
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Here we go again

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:17 pm

I guess the only question is have the management lined somebody up. Another up an coming with tactical nous and integrity would do
Ifang Bondi

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 708
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Here we go again

Post by IJM » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:07 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:17 pm
I guess the only question is have the management lined somebody up. Another up an coming with tactical nous and integrity would do
What, and then stab us in the back like the present incumbent is about to do (assuming MB leaves us of course).

This episode has a real sour taste to it, and it would appear that MB's ego has got the better of him.

If he goes, good riddance, let's get a loyal Merry Go Round Manager in !

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6382
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Here we go again

Post by Rbee » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:04 am

“Integrity is a real big thing for me, and loyalty. You don’t give it to receive it back but I think if they’re the values you live by then at times when you’re put in a position then you have to be strong by them.”

:lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Next!

User avatar
Nw6ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm
Location: NW London

Re: Here we go again

Post by Nw6ranger » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:59 am

Rbee wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:15 am
I get the feeling there is a lot going on behind the scenes! Amit liked this Tweet below whilst early this morning Jim White tweeted that we haven’t given Mick permission to speak with Glasgow Rangers.

Actually low that Michael Beale at @QPR who talks very high (well thought he did) speaks highly of the owners, fans and what he is doing at qpr then sees rangers offer him a job and does a runner, deletes twitter the lot! That’s low…..@Amit_Bhatia99 must be fuminggggggggggg
Even if he didn't get the Rangers job I think there is no way back for MB after that "like" by Amit.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 am

Re: Here we go again

Post by stainesranger » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 am

Rbee wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:04 am
“Integrity is a real big thing for me, and loyalty. You don’t give it to receive it back but I think if they’re the values you live by then at times when you’re put in a position then you have to be strong by them.”

:lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Next!
I still reckon this might get in the way of him leaving even if he wanted to. Go back on that and then balls up at Rangers and you’re basically totally damaged goods.

If he goes after saying that, then I wouldn’t even be upset (just glad to be shot of him). Will reserve judgment though, just in case!

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10931
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Here we go again

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:49 am

Sky saying that he will take Harry Watling and Neil Banfield with him. Not winning any friends here, Micky boy.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Here we go again

Post by Wegerle » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:16 am

If he goes he will be the best up and coming con artist of his generation.
Each and every one of us fell for his integrity and loyalty crap so his lying skills are pretty amazing.
Move over Mark Hughes there could be a new most hated manager coming to town!

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10931
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Here we go again

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:48 am

Wegerle wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:16 am
If he goes he will be the best up and coming con artist of his generation.
Each and every one of us fell for his integrity and loyalty crap so his lying skills are pretty amazing.
Move over Mark Hughes there could be a new most hated manager coming to town!
I don't think every one of us did. People in football (managers, players and club officials) talk the talk all the time, so it goes in one ear and out the other for me, by and large. It's what you do that counts, not what you say.

I'm not sure if the hype around Beale is something that he's skilfully created himself or that he's just swallowed wholesale, but he certainly seems to have a very high opinion of himself. I do hope he crashes and burns at Rangers.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6382
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Here we go again

Post by Rbee » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:49 am
Sky saying that he will take Harry Watling and Neil Banfield with him. Not winning any friends here, Micky boy.
To be expected that he would take his team with him. We also want Beale to take Dykes with him as a part of the deal.

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Here we go again

Post by Wegerle » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:06 am

Well, he didn't have an answer in our last 5 games Uxbridge so I think you're right and a there is too much unproven hype surrounding Beale.
I don't mind players and staff losing 10 in a row if they are giving their all and are totally commited to our cause.
I do have an enormous issue with people coming into our club and causing unrest for their own personal gain. If in that process they also lie to everyone who are part of the club I really hope that their career is ruined as soon as possible.

Post Reply