dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Re: QPR v Huddersfield

Post by redinjun » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:24 pm

patrickqpr wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:57 pm
Rbee wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:50 pm
Definitely Discombobulated Park Rangers at the moment.

Let’s hope we can reset over the World Cup Break

I wonder if we need Dunne’s more aggressive and physical approach
I had to google discombobulated but that describes me right now.
Plenty of time to get recombobulated, fingers crossed we’ve got it in us.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:32 pm

pindarus wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:16 pm
So is MB a 9 day wonder? His first 3 months were miraculous. Now he really needs to show his mettle. Interesting that it all went tits up after he turned down Wolves.

I don't imagine the premier League clubs will be sniffing around for a bit, but we may start losing players during the window.
I'd say that his managerial career starts now.

I've just attended 2 appalling performances at HQ but this does highlight the same constraints that hampered Warburton,
essentially how to squeeze the juice out of a [very] threadbare squad that had punched above it's weight.

Albert is finished at this level, Bonne too and also the tactics of unleashing Chair & Willock ain't working,
if lowly Huddersfield can snuff those 2 out at Loftus Road then heaven knows when we play again in hard matches up north.

Maybe Beale wishes he had gone to Molineux, but he's got to have a sit down and a real think about how to proceed from here.
Ifang Bondi

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:44 pm

Pretty blunt after match interview from Mick saying we should have been 1 down before we scored and the team knew they were dangerous at set pieces...

Let's hope some good has come out of these defeats.... Over optimism from fans and players is costly
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:14 am

As others have pointed out, the lack of depth in the squad is becoming apparent and hampering progress, just as it did under Warburton last season. We lack game-changing options from the bench. I don't think the likes of Bonne and Shodipo are likely to make a difference too often. Obviously the tendency to concede soft goals isn't helping matters. To be fair, I think we've been over-achieving so far this season, and am not particularly surprised to see sliding back towards the pack. I'd definitely have taken sixth place after 20 games if you'd asked me at the start of the season.

Tough game on Saturday against an in-form Coventry in front of nearly 4K travelling fans. What could go wrong ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:07 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:42 pm
Says it all when our attacking threat on the bench was Bonne and Shodipo....

Mick's tactics has seemingly been sussed out and the two 10s shut down by crowding them out of the box....

Chair was shepherded round the penalty box time and again until he passed it finally to Albert on the right wing

Also goodness knows what's happened to us at set pieces but Huddersfield got both goals from them.... It felt like a revisit from last season under Warburton
Don’t forget West Brom’s goal from Saturday. Did not post last night as I thought I would have calmed down by now. Not so but I’ve nothing to add it’s all been said. A very poor and clueless performance. Just glad I’ve got a month before watching the next one.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:09 am

If we'd won rather than lost the last two ugly like Wigan....

How many would be cursing the "international break" coming up as we had momentum.... It seems manna from heaven at the moment to me

Similar to Saturday the bench looked threadbare with our injuries ...

We need a result (win or draw) Saturday to go into the break on the front foot and hopefully we can then put out a full strength side on our return just before Xmas...

The January window is not far and would hope Mick is more successful than Mark was this year...
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

bwhoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by bwhoops » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:02 pm

As great as his general keeping is, Dieng has cost us a few points recently by allowing two lobbed goals. Time for the positioning coaches to earn some money!

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:35 pm

bwhoops wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:02 pm
As great as his general keeping is, Dieng has cost us a few points recently by allowing two lobbed goals. Time for the positioning coaches to earn some money!
Sadly, this is the case. Balagun was at fault on Saturday when we conceded and was my candidate for dropping not Dickie. Then he does the same thing on Tuesday. You could put money on it that he'll be in the side come Saturday.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare