Re: Liz Truss

Post by Satch » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:18 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:17 am
Rbee wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:41 am

There is a little known payment of £115k per anum paid to ex Prime Ministers. Factor in the book, the book signing tour, speeches, name on the letterhead of various companies etc and yes Liz Truss will be very comfortable.
Some speculation about that they are asking her to forgo the £115K....

I personally would tell them to get stuffed
Me too, lol. I would love to know if the multi millionaires Boris, Blair, and Major take this money.
No one should be getting it but only lasting 6 weeks than having to throw the towel in because you’re utterly clueless is a bit different

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:10 pm

Utterly clueless?

Or evilly manipulated by the men in grey suits who are controlling the western World?

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:20 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:10 pm
Utterly clueless?

Or evilly manipulated by the men in grey suits who are controlling the western World?
This may be a bit too dark web for me, but I'm open to some evidence
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:44 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:10 pm
Utterly clueless?

Job done, Klaus now has his stooge in place. I'm sure he's going to prove to be another fine 'Turdeau', 'young Global leader' type authoritarian. :roll:
Question everything.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:22 am

Surely Truss was also a WEF stooge, to those who believe this stuff. Hardly old at 47 either. Why did her face not fit ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:36 am

The Institute of Economic Affairs proudly claimed to have "incubated" Truss and Kwarteng, and indeed both of them were very much aligned to this far right group. The IEA keep their backers firmly under wraps but it is known they have taken donations from tobacco, oil, alcohol and gambling companies or associations - an indication of the interests who wanted Truss as PM.

In Parliament, the Tory right wing faction, the European Research Group, was particularly influential on Truss.

Truss was an experiment produced by those on edge of right wing politics and extreme free market economics. It failed dismally. However, they'll now try again with Sunak.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:50 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:22 am
Surely Truss was also a WEF stooge, to those who believe this stuff. Hardly old at 47 either. Why did her face not fit ?
O.K. Ux, fair enough, I probably should have gone with preferred (banker type) stooge. Yet another PPE graduate from Oxford, just like Liz Truss, talk about a small pond from which multiple political leaders have been plucked! Mega wealthy in his own right and married into a billionaire family, so what's in it for him (rhetorical question)? Plus' from my standpoint he comes from the wrong end of the M27.

The WEF are pretty open in their objectives, all being done in 'plain sight', so not much believing required. As for Liz, maybe even the WEF have some standards regarding talent?
Question everything.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:44 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:50 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
O.K. Ux, fair enough, I probably should have gone with preferred (banker type) stooge. Yet another PPE graduate from Oxford, just like Liz Truss, talk about a small pond from which multiple political leaders have been plucked! Mega wealthy in his own right and married into a billionaire family, so what's in it for him (rhetorical question)? Plus' from my standpoint he comes from the wrong end of the M27.

The WEF are pretty open in their objectives, all being done in 'plain sight', so not much believing required. As for Liz, maybe even the WEF have some standards regarding talent?
Well I entirely agree that our glorious leaders do seem to come from a very narrow range of Oxbridge graduates, which is extremely unhealthy for a democracy, but has largely been the case in the UK since time immemorial. As for what 's in it for Sunak, power seems the obvious answer. Money buys influence, but holding the actual reins of power is a different thing altogether. Plus making his mark in history, which is already assured now as the first Asian British PM.

It seems pretty clear that economically he won't chart a course as radical as Truss and Kwarteng proposed to, which is why I can't really buy into the idea that they're interchangeable WEF stooges. The WEF may have their objectives, but the idea that they have (or will have) the world's major governments and economies on a string to manipulate as they see fit doesn't wash with me.

It's a profoundly depressing time for our country, that's for sure. You must be glad you got out when you did. If I were 20 years younger, I would certainly be looking to do the same.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:27 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:44 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:50 am
UxbridgeR wrote:

Well I entirely agree that our glorious leaders do seem to come from a very narrow range of Oxbridge graduates, which is extremely unhealthy for a democracy, but has largely been the case in the UK since time immemorial. As for what 's in it for Sunak, power seems the obvious answer. Money buys influence, but holding the actual reins of power is a different thing altogether. Plus making his mark in history, which is already assured now as the first Asian British PM.

It seems pretty clear that economically he won't chart a course as radical as Truss and Kwarteng proposed to, which is why I can't really buy into the idea that they're interchangeable WEF stooges. The WEF may have their objectives, but the idea that they have (or will have) the world's major governments and economies on a string to manipulate as they see fit doesn't wash with me.

It's a profoundly depressing time for our country, that's for sure. You must be glad you got out when you did. If I were 20 years younger, I would certainly be looking to do the same.
Ux, the mark in history would mean more if he were an Asian who had risen to PM from a modest and humble upbringing. I'm not sure Winchester College, Oxford University, Goldman Sachs etc. and a mere 7 years as an MP qualifies Sunak for breaking down barriers.

Too many unelected individuals seem to wield immense power these days, the WEF being the prime example. Unfortunately governments don't have the muscle or clout anymore and have become the handmaidens of such unelected bodies, along with the usual corporate suspects. I would like you to be right in your dismissal of the WEF's power but I fear you may be underestimating the paradigm shift that seems to be taking place.

I've been in WA 15 years now and I take no pleasure in the current status of the UK. Believe me Australia isn't all 'sunshine, rainbows and lollipops' but I'm grateful for a lot of things Oz has to offer.
Question everything.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:55 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:27 am

Ux, the mark in history would mean more if he were an Asian who had risen to PM from a modest and humble upbringing. I'm not sure Winchester College, Oxford University, Goldman Sachs etc. and a mere 7 years as an MP qualifies Sunak for breaking down barriers.

Too many unelected individuals seem to wield immense power these days, the WEF being the prime example. Unfortunately governments don't have the muscle or clout anymore and have become the handmaidens of such unelected bodies, along with the usual corporate suspects. I would like you to be right in your dismissal of the WEF's power but I fear you may be underestimating the paradigm shift that seems to be taking place.

I've been in WA 15 years now and I take no pleasure in the current status of the UK. Believe me Australia isn't all 'sunshine, rainbows and lollipops' but I'm grateful for a lot of things Oz has to offer.
Again, I couldn't agree more, but it's historic none the less. Cameron showed great foresight in increasing the number of ethnic minority candidates the Tories fielded, and predicting that they would have the first black or Asian PM. It makes it very hard for allegations that the party is racist to stick, although of course, it's never as simple as that. The fact they're in power two thirds of the time and change leaders so often has worked to their advantage in this regard, but it still reflects poorly on Labour and the Lib-Dems.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:23 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:55 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:27 am

Again, I couldn't agree more, but it's historic none the less. Cameron showed great foresight in increasing the number of ethnic minority candidates the Tories fielded, and predicting that they would have the first black or Asian PM. It makes it very hard for allegations that the party is racist to stick, although of course, it's never as simple as that. The fact they're in power two thirds of the time and change leaders so often has worked to their advantage in this regard, but it still reflects poorly on Labour and the Lib-Dems.
Don't get me wrong, it should feel like a step in the right direction and history may judge it as such but to me it still feels like another privileged individual, utterly disconnected from the man / woman in the street, assuming the mantle of PM.
Question everything.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:10 pm

Everyone seems to have forgotten how Sunak kept people afloat during the Pandemic. Also, he doesn't come from a wealthy family. His mum was a pharmacist and his dad a GP. They worked hard and made sure their kids got a decent education. Frankly, I don't know why anyone would want the job at this point in history. At least he can count which is better than The Truss who was, apparently, an accountant. I hope he does well for all our sakes. And he's become PM on Agincourt Day. ethink
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:58 pm

Personally Sunak is marginally better than sir Keef, but until labour get a real leader or the Tories (man or woman up) we are in for troubled times. Eventually I think Ben Wallace may lead the Tories and he would be decent enough

Seems like Sunak has worked hard for his success so I hope he can make his mark in nearly impossible times
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:53 am

Montag wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:10 pm
Everyone seems to have forgotten how Sunak kept people afloat during the Pandemic. Also, he doesn't come from a wealthy family. His mum was a pharmacist and his dad a GP. They worked hard and made sure their kids got a decent education. Frankly, I don't know why anyone would want the job at this point in history. At least he can count which is better than The Truss who was, apparently, an accountant. I hope he does well for all our sakes. And he's become PM on Agincourt Day. ethink
I believe the furlough scheme was enthusistically embraced by his wife's business interests and I'm sure his past / present links to investments in Moderna might have been a bit of a personal winfall. Not that he'll answer any questions on the topic. Just saying.

By the way, I don't disagree that the parents worked hard for his success. :wink:
Question everything.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:17 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:53 am
Montag wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:10 pm
I believe the furlough scheme was enthusistically embraced by his wife's business interests and I'm sure his past / present links to investments in Moderna might have been a bit of a personal winfall. Not that he'll answer any questions on the topic. Just saying.

By the way, I don't disagree that the parents worked hard for his success. :wink:
And by a lot of people who may have lost their jobs/business without it