Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Next manager wish list

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 am

luke_mullet wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:16 am
Would anyone give Chris Ramsey another chance? Knows the club inside out and took over when the club was in a really bad spot before, it was a poisoned chalice for any manager in that position.
Well no. Knowing the club inside out doesn't make him a manager, and never will. You would hope that the club are always planning ahead to who the next managerial appointment might be in exactly this type of scenario, so we're not starting from scratch again.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:20 am

Before MB was appointed the board interviewed many candidates, I wonder who would have been their 2nd or 3rd choice and whether they are still available?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:35 pm

This thread is cancelled as it is now obsolete.

:D
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:50 pm

He's said he's staying, so fair play to him. I hope the club keep an eye on Kieran McKenna from Ipswich Town.
The other one is Steven Schumacher from Plymouth Argyle.

Both young promising managers with their respective clubs in the top two of League 1. Obviously it's less likely if they get promoted, but those are the sorts of managers we want to look at. Over performing with limited resources.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:11 pm

luke_mullet wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:16 am
Would anyone give Chris Ramsey another chance? Knows the club inside out and took over when the club was in a really bad spot before, it was a poisoned chalice for any manager in that position.
He was truly awful mate. We should never have put him in charge. Clearly does a good job with the youth, but would need to try his hand at a lower league club if he was going to try and become a manager first.