Beale to Wolves?

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Beale to Wolves?

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:19 pm

Hopefully we we get some decent coinage (ala Graham Potter)

Managers change, players change, owners change.... It's only us fans who really stay the course

He's shown in the short time he's been with us that he was the brain's behind Gerrard....

I remember El Tel at the end of the season in 1984, he shook hands on a deal with Jim Gregory but Barca swooped in during the close season and Jim like his other favorite Stan previously in 1979 with Forest ... He couldn't stand in his way...

Mick Beale has no real ties to this club apart from the last 6 months but if Wolves really want him, I expect them to get top dollar for us to let him out of his contract....
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:50 pm

No problem. Warnock is at the ground tonight and unemployed, so he can pick up the reins once he's got his Forever Rs presentation over with.

It's what some people have been crying out for for years anyway.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:04 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:50 pm
No problem. Warnock is at the ground tonight and unemployed, so he can pick up the reins once he's got his Forever Rs presentation over with.

It's what some people have been crying out for for years anyway.
When I read some of the names suggested to replace Beale such as Scott Parker I think I would prefer Colin.
Last edited by patrickqpr on Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:07 pm

According to BBC, Wolves has approached QPR

Caroline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Caroline » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:38 pm

Desperately hoping Mick Beale stays. I haven't been anywhere near this happy with a manager since Neil Warnock. It's not just the results, the tactics and the style of play... it's him as a person too. Loved his frankness and (seemingly) genuine love for the job.

I haven't posted here for years... QPR has been a lifelong passion for me - first match was when I had just turned four years old. However, I've felt so disengaged from the club over the last few years, since around 2015... and it's been a struggle to get that passion back, even with Mark Warburton's short-lived success. Mick Beale was finally pulling me back in... I'll be genuinely disheartened (to put it mildly) if Mick Beale leaves now... even the fact that he didn't rule it out has made me terribly despondent. Fingers crossed, eh..!

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:44 pm

Caroline wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:38 pm
Desperately hoping Mick Beale stays. I haven't been anywhere near this happy with a manager since Neil Warnock. It's not just the results, the tactics and the style of play... it's him as a person too. Loved his frankness and (seemingly) genuine love for the job.

I haven't posted here for years... QPR has been a lifelong passion for me - first match was when I had just turned four years old. However, I've felt so disengaged from the club over the last few years, since around 2015... and it's been a struggle to get that passion back, even with Mark Warburton's short-lived success. Mick Beale was finally pulling me back in... I'll be genuinely disheartened (to put it mildly) if Mick Beale leaves now... even the fact that he didn't rule it out has made me terribly despondent. Fingers crossed, eh..!
Welcome back. Yes It is all very disheartening but whatever happens I hope you decide to stay.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:58 pm

patrickqpr wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:44 pm
Caroline wrote:

Welcome back. Yes It is all very disheartening but whatever happens I hope you decide to stay.
My sources are telling me Caroline's already had a better offer from a rival messageboard. It's just not our day.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:58 pm
patrickqpr wrote:
Caroline wrote:

My sources are telling me Caroline's already had a better offer from a rival messageboard. It's just not our day.
:lol:

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:07 pm

I blame Les. And I fully expect Steptoe to be along shortly to agree with me.

Caroline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Caroline » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:25 pm

patrickqpr wrote:
Caroline wrote:

Thanks Patrick... and thanks for not telling me I'm not a real fan and to get lost!

Caroline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Caroline » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:28 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:58 pm
patrickqpr wrote:
Caroline wrote:

LOL!! In all fairness, I'm also on the "Optimistic QPR Supporters page" on Facebook...! But lovely to be on here and see so many familiar names... including yours, Ux!

I'm biting my tongue until there's a definitive outcome... but had a wonderful time at Millwall away last month, and desperately want this feelgood factor to continue.

Nw6ranger

Post by Nw6ranger » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:08 pm

Just when we have a good thing going. Hopefully the players stay focused and we go top.

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:19 pm

The Guardian 2 hours ago:
"Beale, who will be in the QPR dugout for Wednesday’s game at home to Cardiff, but Wolves hope to have him in place for Sunday’s match at home to their follow strugglers Leicester".

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:25 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:19 pm
Hopefully we we get some decent coinage (ala Graham Potter)
Uh.. maybe not..
Wolves will have to pay just £1m to trigger the release clause in Michael Beale’s contract at QPR.
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/finan ... pr-figure/

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:28 pm

Aaaaannnnd terms agreed...
Beale has spoken to Wolves on at least two separate occasions and has agreed personal terms to become the next Wolves manager.
https://www.teamtalk.com/wolves/next-wo ... 45rMiREaCg