In Liz we Truss

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

In Liz we Truss

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:56 pm

And this is exactly the reason, on returning home, the first thing I did was get back on the electoral register.

Now Lizzie come now, you daft old maggie-lite tea lady, give us a chance to express our free will. Call a biggie big general one; go on I dare you.

Lol as if my views matter.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: In Liz we Truss

Post by QPR_John » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:08 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:56 pm
And this is exactly the reason, on returning home, the first thing I did was get back on the electoral register.

Now Lizzie come now, you daft old maggie-lite tea lad y, give us a chance to express our free will. Call a biggie big general one; go on I dare you.

If you want to directly vote for the Prime Minister get the party you support to campaign for it. How it would work under our current system is a different story. My memory might be playing tricks but I cannot recall calls for a General Election when Brown took over from Blaire

pindarus

Post by pindarus » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:26 pm

As I recall Brown bottled out of calling an election (which he would almost certainly have won) - big mistake. There is zero chance of Truss calling an election as the Tories would get wiped out.

The whole of British politics is corrupt and run by liars and charlatans and needs to change. Unfortunately therefore is nothing we can do to change things for 2 years.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:54 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:08 pm
BiscuitRanger wrote:

Now Lizzie come now, you daft old maggie-lite tea lad y, give us a chance to express our free will. Call a biggie big general one; go on I dare you.

If you want to directly vote for the Prime Minister get the party you support to campaign for it. How it would work under our current system is a different story. My memory might be playing tricks but I cannot recall calls for a General Election when Brown took over from Blaire
Of course there were.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6245682.stm
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:55 pm

pindarus wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:26 pm
As I recall Brown bottled out of calling an election (which he would almost certainly have won) - big mistake. There is zero chance of Truss calling an election as the Tories would get wiped out.

The whole of British politics is corrupt and run by liars and charlatans and needs to change. Unfortunately therefore is nothing we can do to change things for 2 years.
Whether Brown bottled out or not is irrelevant it was his call as it is Truss call.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:58 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:54 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:08 pm
BiscuitRanger wrote:

Of course there were.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6245682.stm
Congratulations on finding that piece so quickly. But you would expect that from any opposition they are after all politicians.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:22 pm

No one ever voted for Brown. That is why I left the Labour Party and never went back. I don't envy Truss. Who would want to be PM now?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:18 am

pindarus wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:26 pm

Not a uniquely British thing. Politicians across the planet act as agents for corporations, WEF, Bill Gates etc. and do anything but represent the people. As Julian Assange is fond of saying, "The role of government is to facilitate the movement of public money into private hands".

Let's be honest, the position of PM in any given country at this moment in time is very much the poison chalice. Politicians of different hues merely offer a false dichotomy to the voters. Nothing ever changes, "It's a big club and you ain't in it".
Question everything.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:13 am

BiscuitRanger wrote:

Now Lizzie come now, you daft old maggie-lite tea lady, give us a chance to express our free will. Call a biggie big general one; go on I dare you.

Your view counts the same as everyone else’s. We elect a party not a PM. The party elects the PM that’s our system.

If you don’t like it campaign to change it but whinging at Truss isn’t going to get you anywhere.

Do you think for one second that SIR Keir and his ragtag mob could fix the problems the Works is in?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:53 am

It's only a matter of time before she embraces all those Brexit opportunities and unleashes our potential, probably straight after that much-vaunted bonfire of red tape.

And if she doesn't, it certainly won't be her fault or that of anyone in government over the last 12 years. Nothing ever is. Nice work if you can get it.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

pindarus

Post by pindarus » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:59 am

In a country of 60 million the prime minister has been voted in by 81326 people who are unelected unaccountable and totally unrepresentative
If she had a shred of integrity she would call a general election.
And we call this a democracy.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:34 am

pindarus wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:59 am
In a country of 60 million the prime minister has been voted in by 81326 people who are unelected unaccountable and totally unrepresentative
If she had a shred of integrity she would call a general election.
And we call this a democracy.
Do you really understand the political system or is it just a problem when there is a conservative government. Just think a GE is called and while not directly voted as such we would know Liz Truss would be PM if the conservatives got in. What would happen if they won but she lost her seat would we need another GE after a new conservative leader was elected and so on and so on
Last edited by QPR_John on Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:36 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:13 am
BiscuitRanger wrote:

Your view counts the same as everyone else’s. We elect a party not a PM. The party elects the PM that’s our system.

If you don’t like it campaign to change it but whinging at Truss isn’t going to get you anywhere.

Do you think for one second that SIR Keir and his ragtag mob could fix the problems the Works is in?
Not really whinging at Truss, just bitching into the void. Truss is a regurgitated product of the system, more like a fake plastic tree than, well, a fake plastic watering can.

I'm under zero illusions that rag-tag Keef n the gang are the answer either.

My only issue is, going into a general election the leader of each party is known, so obviously you vote for the party to get the leader... or more likely you vote for any party who can prevent some inane and outright detestable candidate from being the face of British politics.

Do we have a British Pete Buttigieg?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

LP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by LP » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:33 pm

This kind of thing always makes me smile, because it only serves the status quo whether that's the intention or not.

Can we apply some QPR logic to it?

"I know we still have Tony Roberts in goal. I know he's 53 and he wasn't actually any good in the 90s, but do you think anyone else could do a better job?"

Yes actually.

Rate, Review & Discover Cheese - Cheese Subscriptions now LIVE! - https://fetaccompli.uk

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:53 pm

Montag wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:22 pm
Who would want to be PM now?
...me....the job still comes with very good salary, benefits and free accommodation .... :lol: :lol:

...I know ...I know ...I am not British...but I would do a great job...together with my team of experts... :wink: :wink:

https://miro.medium.com/max/928/1*l7g0e ... yo4UQ.jpeg