It could have been us

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6128
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

It could have been us

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:14 am

It could have been us eyeing a place in the last 16 of the EFLCup

Charlton(A), Wallsall(A) & Stevenage(A) should have represented a fairly safe passage to the last 16 aniwall
Question everything.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9831
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: It could have been us

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:06 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:14 am
It could have been us eyeing a place in the last 16 of the EFLCup

Charlton(A), Wallsall(A) & Stevenage(A) should have represented a fairly safe passage to the last 16 aniwall

When talking about cup football ... that phrase has no meaning or value in relation to QPR.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Death, taxes and QPR under performing in the Cup are the only givens in life.

There is no such thing as a QPR 'safe passage' in any cup competition.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6128
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: It could have been us

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:45 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:06 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:14 am
It could have been us eyeing a place in the last 16 of the EFLCup

Charlton(A), Wallsall(A) & Stevenage(A) should have represented a fairly safe passage to the last 16 aniwall

When talking about cup football ... that phrase has no meaning or value in relation to QPR.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Death, taxes and QPR under performing in the Cup are the only givens in life.

There is no such thing as a QPR 'safe passage' in any cup competition.
Sadly, you're right, I shouldn't let Wembley 82 or even that two legged 'final' in 86 against Liverpool feed my foolish desires & misplaced optimism. eboohoo

...just a mere babe in arms in 67
Question everything.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6866
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: It could have been us

Post by QPR_John » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:49 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:45 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:06 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:14 am
It could have been us eyeing a place in the last 16 of the EFLCup

Charlton(A), Wallsall(A) & Stevenage(A) should have represented a fa irly safe passage to the last 16 aniwall

When talking about cup football ... that phrase has no meaning or value in relation to QPR.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Death, taxes and QPR under performing in the Cup are the only givens in life.

There is no such thing as a QPR 'safe passage' in any cup competition.
Sadly, you're right, I shouldn't let Wembley 82 or even that two legged 'final' in 86 against Liverpool feed my foolish desires & misplaced optimism. eboohoo

...just a mere babe in arms in 67
Well I was there in ’67. I think somebody made a pact with the devil at half time which explains our cup performances since. 82 the devil took his eye off the ball but recovered for the final

User avatar
WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6128
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: It could have been us

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:58 am

That would explain a lot! :lol:
Question everything.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9831
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: It could have been us

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:28 am

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:49 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:45 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:06 am



When talking about cup football ... that phrase has no meaning or value in relation to QPR.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Death, taxes and QPR under performing in the Cup are the only givens in life.

There is no such thing as a QPR 'safe passage' in any cup competition.
Sadly, you're right, I shouldn't let Wembley 82 or even that two legged 'final' in 86 against Liverpool feed my foolish desires & misplaced optimism. eboohoo

...just a mere babe in arms in 67
Well I was there in ’67. I think somebody made a pact with the devil at half time which explains our cup performances since. 82 the devil took his eye off the ball but recovered for the final
That makes sense ... a good analysis. :wink:
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5333
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: It could have been us

Post by Montag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:42 pm

We're concentrating on the league. Again.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Post Reply