Post by SM » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:00 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:32 pm
SM wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 am
Hmmmmm….

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ra ... te-020822/
Why the “Hmmmmm….”
It’s not been dealt with brilliantly has it?
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Rail Seating… Update

Post by QPR_John » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:35 pm

SM wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:00 pm
QPR_John wrote:
SM wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 am
Hmmmmm….

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ra ... te-020822/
Why the “Hmmmmm….”
So you think the club is to blame for the delivery problems or maybe you think there has been no delivery problems

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:07 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:35 pm
SM wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Why the “Hmmmmm….”
So you think the club is to blame for the delivery problems or maybe you think there has been no delivery problems
The club agreed this change some months ago. They have had ample time to sort this out. Why did the seats leave Turkey only a month ago? And why Turkey? I can tell you, if I was one of those affected, I would expect Saturdays ticket to be free. I feel sorry for our excellent box office staff having to sort this out. Also the club should deduct lost revenue from the invoice when they pay it. That's assuming there is such a clause in the contract that allows them to do so.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:16 am

Montag wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:07 pm
QPR_John wrote:
SM wrote:

The club agreed this change some months ago. They have had ample time to sort this out. Why did the seats leave Turkey only a month ago? And why Turkey? I can tell you, if I was one of those affected, I would expect Saturdays ticket to be free. I feel sorry for our excellent box office staff having to sort this out. Also the club should deduct lost revenue from the invoice when they pay it. That's assuming there is such a clause in the contract that allows them to do so.
Start of last month, which you would expect to have been more than sufficient time to arrive from Turkey. If they had been scheduled any sooner where would we have stored them? I can't tell you why these were manufactured in or transited via Turkey, i'm curious to know where you think we should have got them from?

I would much rather stand than sit at football but i find the safe standing obsessives hard work.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 am

QPR_John wrote:
SM wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Why the “Hmmmmm….”
The whole thing has been a shambles from the start. One moment the rail seating was going to be lower loft, the general feedback was that people in R block wouldn’t move… They sat on that for a number of weeks, then they did a consultation which confirmed what they already knew (after season ended I’ll add).

Now we are on the brink of our first game and the seating hasn’t even arrived.

Just by comparison, Brentford had their seating *installed* around a month ago now.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:33 am

SM wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 am
QPR_John wrote:
SM wrote:

The whole thing has been a shambles from the start. One moment the rail seating was going to be lower loft, the general fondle was that people in R block wouldn’t move… They sat on that for a number of weeks, then they did a consultation which confirmed what they already knew (after season ended I’ll add).

Now we are on the brink of our first game and the seating hasn’t even arrived.

Just by comparison, Brentford had their seating *installed* around a month ago now.
Yep, it's undoubtedly a bad look, and contributes to the increasing perception over the last six months or so (on social media at least) that the club is "a shambles", on and off the field.

It's not a view I share personally, but there's a lot of negativity in the air, which certainly won't help the team or a new head coach. If we get off to a poor start, I could see things getting ugly quite quickly.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:28 am

Montag wrote:
QPR_John wrote:
SM wrote:

Maybe the club had an installation plan and to save storage arranged for delivery when they were ready to be fitted. Like all plans one link fails and it looks like there was no plan at all. Maybe the club could be given some benefit rather than just jump in and criticise.

bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:49 am

What I struggle to understand is that we seem to have so many brilliant business men who know exactly how to do everything from finance to administrative tasks and must therefore be super rich, so why don't they put some of it into the club instead of sitting behind a keyboard telling other people where they went wrong?

The same applies to would be football managers and strategists of course.

Sadly this is not limited to our club, football, or any one issue but seems to have become a condition of the modern world where at one time people would pontificate in their local pub about what they would do if they were in charge but that was a small group of friends and acquantancies but nowadays their opinions are foist upon us all... aniwall aniwall aniwall

just saying whistle
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

pindarus

Post by pindarus » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:06 pm

Why on earth would anybody want to stand up for 2 hours when they could sit down in comfort. Barmy.

I wonder what you do in the cinema?

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:31 pm

pindarus wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:06 pm
Why on earth would anybody want to stand up for 2 hours when they could sit down in comfort. Barmy.

I wonder what you do in the cinema?
He probably stands up and removes the popcorn from his head and back afterwards.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:36 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:16 am
Montag wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Start of last month, which you would expect to have been more than sufficient time to arrive from Turkey. If they had been scheduled any sooner where would we have stored them? I can't tell you why these were manufactured in or transited via Turkey, i'm curious to know where you think we should have got them from?

I would much rather stand than sit at football but i find the safe standing obsessives hard work.
Had we gone to a British supplier then delivery wouldn't have been a problem, would it?

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:46 pm

It's only my opinion but the club should make a gesture to people affected. Just like they made amends to the people who got removed from their season ticket seats to make way for rail seating - they were given the chance to own their actual plastic seat and take it home where they could sit on it in their lounge or wherever. You know, good will and all that. As far as standing is concerned: 40 years ago, I liked it. Now, I am too infirm to stand up for 10 minutes let alone 2 hours. :(

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:47 pm

As an owner of serveral companies I can tell you that however well you plan, there are always unexpected events that can upset even the best planning.
However a non working club app (needed for ticket wallet, QPR+ subscriptions etc.) AND rail seats that don't arrive on time for the start of the new season does seem to indicate that some things might not have been thought through enough. Then again I know that you can just run in to some bad luck once in a while. Difficicult to assess not knowing all the ins and outs.