Palace game

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Palace game

Post by Wegerle » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:55 pm

The scoreline suggests we got hammered at home today but watching the game I think we contained Palace well for large parts of the game.
The difference today was that they were just that bit more quicker, sharper and aggressive as a team and their players of course have just that bit more quality.
We do need a bit more bite going forward. The work rate is there, the end product isn't. When Wealdstone put us under pressure on Wednesday during the second half and Palace did the same today we have difficulty building meaningful attacks and breaking out.

As it stands I think we don't have the quality in depth to challenge for promotion this year but do have enough to stay out of trouble. It will be interesting to see how we develop during the season under Beale. Lets hope we are in for some pleasant surprises!

It all starts next week; come on you R's!

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Palace game

Post by Montag » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:26 pm

This is the arse-shredding most of us expected. We need 2 or 3 quality players in double quick. I feel very uneasy about this season. I hope I'm wrong.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:11 am

I thought we played okay.

We won’t be up against that kind of quality week in, week out. And as was the case last season - Willock is an enormous loss for us.

Still concerned at the top end of the pitch though. It amazes me that Dykes is rated so highly amongst those inside the club - I just don’t see it.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:27 am

In other news....

Our U23s had a morale boosting 4 - 0 win yesterday at Preston park vs Harefield United....

Not sure the team or scorers and you can only play the team in front of you....
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....