Taylor Richards

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Taylor Richards

Post by Hanuhoff » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:16 pm

Official now. Hadn't realised he was a local boy. Makes me more keen on him already! 2 actual Rs in the squad now, must be the first time since the Rowlands/Gallen/Bircham era?
Last edited by Hanuhoff on Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Re: Taylor Richards

Post by redinjun » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:59 pm

He’s one of our own ❤️

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:31 am

This might be a bit controversial but it’s a nice bonus if the signings are from west London but if I’m not really too bothered if the signings are local or not. It might help with settling in but they are good players or not good players. Stan Bowles was not local but it did not matter too much. In his case he benefitted from getting away from Manchester. Or am I missing something. Personally I would not have given Albert a new contract even though he loves the club. Having said that I have no idea on the terms Of his contract.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:54 am

ActonArthur wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:31 am
This might be a bit controversial but it’s a nice bonus if the signings are from west London but if I’m not really too bothered if the signings are local or not. It might help with settling in but they are good players or not good players. Stan Bowles was not local but it did not matter too much. In his case he benefitted from getting away from Manchester. Or am I missing something. Personally I would not have given Albert a new contract even though he loves the club. Having said that I have no idea on the terms Of his contract.
According to Stan's autobiography he was in with a bad lot in Manchester called the quality street gang earning more money with them than from football....

In some ways it was great for us as he had to move to Carlisle to kick start his career

When finally moving onto Forest, Cloughie had a go at him calling him a cockney which Stan took offense to retorting back he was a Manc...

A pinch of salt is required as some of his tales were possibly embellished but I absolutely loved the man and his antics when he was at the club

Albert and Taylor? Love the fact they are living our dream....

Likely they will put that extra effort in when required
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:54 am

ActonArthur wrote:
I completely agree with your general point. It’s nice if they’re QPR fans, but all that really matters is what they contribute on the field. I could never really understand the love for Bircham, as I thought he was a very average player, but the blue hair seemed enough for a lot of people. As you say, some of our best players over the years had no pre-existing connection to the club, but won the fans over with their performances in a blue and white shirt.

As for Adomah, I was OK with giving him another year, but think two was excessive.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:03 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:54 am
ActonArthur wrote:
I completely agree with your general point. It’s nice if they’re QPR fans, but all that really matters is what they contribute on the field. I could never really understand the love for Bircham, as I thought he was a very average player, but the blue hair seemed enough for a lot of people. As you say, some of our best players over the years had no pre-existing connection to the club, but won the fans over with their performances in a blue and white shirt.

As for Adomah, I was OK with giving him another year, but think two was excessive.
For all we know Albert could be still as fit as a butcher's dog....

You sometimes have to trust the management and his 2 year contract could be well within our budget ....

Previously some players in their 30s have had an Indian summer....
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:06 am

I think he still looks a good athlete for his age, but that won’t last for ever, and I didn’t see any need to tie him down for a second year.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:36 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:06 am
I think he still looks a good athlete for his age, but that won’t last for ever, and I didn’t see any need to tie him down for a second year.
I suspect he would have accepted one year and as you say declines can be rapid at that age. I do wonder if there are conditions attached to the second year as there were for Austin. That or modern sports science give the club considerably more confidence in these decisions and the economics of two years made sense.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Is Taylor Richards actually a fan or just from the area?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:20 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:37 pm
Is Taylor Richards actually a fan or just from the area?
I’m guessing not. It’s noticeable in the transcript of his interview on the official site that he talks about his family all being fans, being from the area and about attending his first game as a kid at LR, but nowhere does he say he personally is a fan.