Starting eleven

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Starting eleven

Post by Danish Ranger » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:43 am

Seems as if Beale is close to his preferred starting eleven in a 4-3-2-1 formation

Dieng
---
Kakay
Dickie
Clarke-Salter
Paal
---
Field Johansen
Dozzell
---
Chair
Shodipo
---
Dykes

Expect that Willock will be knocking on the door when he is fit and don't expect that Kakay will start against Blackburn

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Starting eleven

Post by guyrob07 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:49 am

Feel for Dunne best CB last season but seems as though he is behind Clarke-Salter. A back three would be my preference.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:01 pm

guyrob07 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:49 am
Feel for Dunne best CB last season but seems as though he is behind Clarke-Salter. A back three would be my preference.
It’s a nice problem to have but I much prefer the flexibility a back 4 gives us in midfield and up front rather than playing a formation just to shoe horn in a CB we rate. If the club have managed to bring in a better CB on a free good on them.
Danish Ranger wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:43 am
Seems as if Beale is close to his preferred starting eleven in a 4-3-2-1 formation

Dieng
---
Kakay
Dickie
Clarke-Salter
Paal
---
Field Johansen
Dozzell
---
Chair
Shodipo
---
Dykes

Expect that Willock will be knocking on the door when he is fit and don't expect that Kakay will start against Blackburn
It will be interesting to see how well Shodipo does in the Championship but I imagine Willock will be first choice as soon as fit and the same with Amos. The club clearly want to bring in a RB and that feels like the right call although I think the stick Kakay gets is excessive. I’m not a hundred percent sure who will start up top, Bonne has looked sharp tbf.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Agree with Satch except I am not sure Beale prefers Amos to Dozzell.

I would still prefer Bonne over Dykes but hope a better striker comes along. It's been another pre season of hearing what a great finisher Kelman is during training but we have another manager not playing him.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:48 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:13 pm
Agree with Satch except I am not sure Beale prefers Amos to Dozzell.

I would still prefer Bonne over Dykes but hope a better striker comes along. It's been another pre season of hearing what a great finisher Kelman is during training but we have another manager not playing him.
He’s got decent minutes but usually as a ten and not down a huge amount.

Beale probably hasn’t seen Amos kick a ball in anger. I do think he’s the better but it sounds like he’s keen to bring in a third midfielder and I would assume that’s with a view to starting on the right hand side.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:26 pm

Looks like it's going to be a long season if that's the case.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:51 pm

Montag wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:26 pm
Looks like it's going to be a long season if that's the case.
I think we should approach the new season with positivity. Mick Beale's reputation is exemplary and he certainly talks a good game.

At the end of the day it's sending out eleven men to win a football match and if the players do their jobs, stick to the plan, then we shall do ok.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:59 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:13 pm
I really don't know why. Bonne doesn't know how to stay on side and chops 95% of chances any striker should be finishing. Dykes isn't flashy, but he's a much better Striker than Bonne.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:15 pm

Why is Bonne getting in ahead of Kelman?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare