Fixtures Eve

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Fixtures Eve

Post by 222gers » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Well, the fixtures are announced tomorrow and we shall see the havoc wreaked by the World Cup.
A time of trepidation for us lovers of Saturday afternoons, we can only pray that Sky lay off us this season.
Fingers crossed.

ZENITH R

Re: Fixtures Eve

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 am

222gers wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:50 pm
Well, the fixtures are announced tomorrow and we shall see the havoc wreaked by the World Cup.
A time of trepidation for us lovers of Saturday afternoons, we can only pray that Sky lay off us this season.
Fingers crossed.
That would mean a very average season of mid table mediocrity. If we are doing well Sky will notice, and if we bomb, they will also want to show the watching public.

I get your point though.

Of course the whole thing could be tons better if they scrapped the stupid rule not to show live football at 3pm on a Saturday. Lets be honest, Should I go and watch the Superhoops or stay home and watch Leeds play Wolves? No brainer - West London wins every time. That's true for most football fans too.

See your own team live or watch two teams that mean nothing to you live on TV? Why would you?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:41 am

A tricky start, with Blackburn (A). Boro (H) and Sunderland (A), but some winnable home games in August too (Rotherham, Blackpool, Hull), so overall not too bad.

Disappointed that Sheff Utd, Norwich and Blackpool away are all midweek, as they're enjoyable weekend trips.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:12 pm

I’ve been looking forward to this as I’m back for Christmas to only find we’ve got back to back away games. Will make Luton but it’s not ideal for getting people together for.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:06 pm

....having a loud laugh when I read the statement from the club..."our fixtures for the season 2022/23 have been confirmed..." :lol: :lol:

...yes ...until SKY puts its hands on them and makes the usual mess.... :roll: :roll: