Welcome Kenneth Paal

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Welcome Kenneth Paal

Post by Rbee » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:42 am

The 24-year-old full back joins on a free transfer after leaving Eredivisie side PEC Zwolle.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Welcome Kenneth Paal

Post by Rbee » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:50 pm

So pleased that we are reaching out for players abroad for a change.

Two free transfers with potential, well done our club.

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:14 pm

Paal has joined from PEC Zwolle who had a terrible season this year and got relegated this season with Paal in defence.
This makes me slightly nervous about this signing but Beale has been following him for about 10 years so he will know best.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:17 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:14 pm
Paal has joined from PEC Zwolle who had a terrible season this year and got relegated this season with Paal in defence.
This makes me slightly nervous about this signing but Beale has been following him for about 10 years so he will know best.
....being him 24 yrs old, that means he was under his radar since he was 14 .... :shock:

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:26 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:17 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:14 pm
....being him 24 yrs old, that means he was under his radar since he was 14 .... :shock:
Apparantley Beale has been following Paal since a youth tournement in Turkey
when Beale was with Chelsea and Paal with PSV.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Have you seen Zwolle's kit? A sort of mutant QPR. Hope he does alright. Not easy to play abroad.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:56 pm

Am I the only one that’s sceptical about the idea that Beale has been “tracking” players that he worked with at youth level a decade ago ? He must have worked with an awful lot of players in nearly 20 years as a coach

Both signings so far seem pretty run of the mill to me.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:21 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:56 pm
Am I the only one that’s sceptical about the idea that Beale has been “tracking” players that he worked with at youth level a decade ago ? He must have worked with an awful lot of players in nearly 20 years as a coach

They are young and free Ux with potential. Other clubs were interested which is a positive sign.

Yes I would believe that. Chelsea have let Jake Clarke-Salter go as they don't see him as a regular Premier League player and Kenneth Paal wouldn't have been considered by Michael Beale's previous clubs.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:28 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:56 pm

Yeah. It does seem a bit off, especially when the lad's signing from a team that was relegated.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:15 am

I think Paal's signing is much more down to Belk and Ferdinand than Beale. The offish article says, "Paal has been on the radar of the club’s recruitment department for the past two years and his progress during that period has been closely monitored." It goes on to say Beale has "...kept an eye on his progress..." since Paal was 13 which probably means very little.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:45 am

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense to me. Both signings seem as if they could just as easily have been made under Warburton as Beale. Of course, if he gets Cameron Archer in on loan, I'll happily give him all the credit for that one.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:30 pm

Looks like I wasn't right about Beale and Paal. Beale obviously did know Paal well: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/be ... al-200622/

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 am

Just a happy coincidence then that he was already "on the radar of the club’s recruitment department for the past two years and his progress during that period has been closely monitored".

I guess these days any club worth their salt should at the very least be collecting statistical data on many players in multiple countries, so hopefully that's what they're doing. As Rbee pointed out, it's also good to see us looking overseas again, as it's an area we've rather neglected for a few years now.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:40 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 am
Just a happy coincidence then that he was already "on the radar of the club’s recruitment department for the past two years and his progress during that period has been closely monitored".

I guess these days any club worth their salt should at the very least be collecting statistical data on many players in multiple countries, so hopefully that's what they're doing. As Rbee pointed out, it's also good to see us looking overseas again, as it's an area we've rather neglected for a few years now.
Weren’t there question marks over what we do regarding singing players from Europe post Brexit, has there been any change / clarity on that?

It sounds a bit of a coincidence that he’s known of him for so long but it sounds like he’d been on the radar of SPL and Champ clubs so that sounds plausible that he’d be familiar.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:03 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:40 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 am

Weren’t there question marks over what we do regarding singing players from Europe post Brexit, has there been any change / clarity on that?

It sounds a bit of a coincidence that he’s known of him for so long but it sounds like he’d been on the radar of SPL and Champ clubs so that sounds plausible that he’d be familiar.
What about players that cannot sing

Sorry could not resist