dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Welcome Kenneth Paal

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:40 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 am
Just a happy coincidence then that he was already "on the radar of the club’s recruitment department for the past two years and his progress during that period has been closely monitored".

I guess these days any club worth their salt should at the very least be collecting statistical data on many players in multiple countries, so hopefully that's what they're doing. As Rbee pointed out, it's also good to see us looking overseas again, as it's an area we've rather neglected for a few years now.
Weren’t there question marks over what we do regarding singing players from Europe post Brexit, has there been any change / clarity on that?

It sounds a bit of a coincidence that he’s known of him for so long but it sounds like he’d been on the radar of SPL and Champ clubs so that sounds plausible that he’d be familiar.
You're right, I'd forgotten about that. There was some sort of points based system implemented, with the criteria being senior and youth international appearances, the quality of the selling club and the league they're in, and how many club appearances the player had made domestically. No idea whether or not any of that's changed, but I assume he qualifies whatever the rules are now.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:50 pm

Terry Venables could sing.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:25 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:22 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:40 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:47 am
Just a happy coincidence then that he was already "on the radar of the club’s recruitment department for the past two years and his progress during that period has been closely monitored".

I guess these days any club worth their salt should at the very least be collecting statistical data on many players in multiple countries, so hopefully that's what they're doing. As Rbee pointed out, it's also good to see us looking overseas again, as it's an area we've rather neglected for a few years now.
Weren’t there question marks over what we do regarding singing players from Europe post Brexit, has there been any change / clarity on that?

It sounds a bit of a coincidence that he’s known of him for so long but it sounds like he’d been on the radar of SPL and Champ clubs so that sounds plausible that he’d be familiar.
You're right, I'd forgotten about that. There was some sort of points based system implemented, with the criteria being senior and youth international appearances, the quality of the selling club and the league they're in, and how many club appearances the player had made domestically. No idea whether or not any of that's changed, but I assume he qualifies whatever the rules are now.
Thanks for the clarification, that all sounds vaguely sensible which is a massive shock. Best not invoke the ire of football fans when pushing a populist agenda.

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:02 pm

It’s at the stage where they have not put foot wrong and have no weaknesses but this sounds fairly encouraging
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/paa ... yer-at-qpr

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:05 pm

Where's the next Buzsaky?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Hanuhoff » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:28 pm

Seems like he could be an interesting signing. Guess we won't know until we see him. If this is going to work for me though, the social media team and the website need to stop referring to 'our new Paal'. Driving me insane already.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:11 am

I look forward to the novelty of having a professional footballer at QPR who can actually take a free kick or corner.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:54 am

Montag wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:11 am
I look forward to the novelty of having a professional footballer at QPR who can actually take a free kick or corner.
:lol: