Forever 'Rs'

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Forever 'Rs'

Post by Montag » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:56 pm

Just looking at the Official website profile on the recipients of this. I couldn't see Terry Venables on it? Is this an accidental omission from the page or has he not been honoured? If he hasn't - WHY NOT? :?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Forever 'Rs'

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:22 am

I might be wrong but don't they have to come to a game to be inducted? So possibly for that reason. Too busy sunning himself in Spain.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:58 am

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:22 am
I might be wrong but don't they have to come to a game to be inducted? So possibly for that reason. Too busy sunning himself in Spain.
I wondered if that might be the case. Might be that he's been asked but not been available. Some are included posthumously but that's a bit different, I suppose. Seems a pity when he really was a huge presence at LR as a manager and player.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:58 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:22 am
How does that work for members who have passed on? :D

I know, the family are representatives.

Surely, he comes back to the UK occasionally, so shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

I totally agree ... former player, captain and manager (who took us to our only FA Cup Final so far). He should be inducted.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.