Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16182
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by SM » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:50 am

Rbee wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:05 am
Bugger. Not the news we wanted.

I wonder what we offered, I wonder how much he wanted.

I get we have to stay within the Profit & Sustainability regulations, have a firm wage structure, but Barbet is a valuable senior pro, Captain or Vice Captain, so you offer these guys more.

Like I say maybe he wanted too much, we shall likely never know.

Cheers Yoann.
QPR had virtually no interest in re-signing him at all.

The contract that they offered was 1/3 of what he was on before. It was a token gesture, but the board (LF) clearly didn’t rate him anywhere near as highly as most fans or MW.

Personally, I think it’s a bad move. I doubt we’ll replace him with anyone better - especially with our budget.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6815
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:00 am

SM wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:50 am
Rbee wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:05 am
Bugger. Not the news we wanted.

I wonder what we offered, I wonder how much he wanted.
L
I get we have to stay within the Profit & Sustainability regulat ions, have a firm wage structure, but Barbet is a valuable senior pro, Captain or Vice Captain, so you offer these guys more.

Like I say maybe he wanted too much, we shall likely never know.

Cheers Yoann.
QPR had virtually no interest in re-signing him at all.

The contract that they offered was 1/3 of what he was on before. It was a token gesture, but the board (LF) clearly didn’t rate him anywhere near as highly as most fans or MW.

Personally, I think it’s a bad move. I doubt we’ll replace him with anyone better - especially with our budget.
I’m intrigued how somebody finds this information. I’ve not seen it announced publicly. Do you have access to insider knowledge of contract negotiations
'
Last edited by QPR_John on Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4111
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by Satch » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:44 am

SM wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:50 am
Rbee wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:05 am
Bugger. Not the news we wanted.

I wonder what we offered, I wonder how much he wanted.

I get we have to stay within the Profit & Sustainability regulations, have a firm wage structure, but Barbet is a valuable senior pro, Captain or Vice Captain, so you offer these guys more.

Like I say maybe he wanted too much, we shall likely never know.

Cheers Yoann.
QPR had virtually no interest in re-signing him at all.

The contract that they offered was 1/3 of what he was on before. It was a token gesture, but the board (LF) clearly didn’t rate him anywhere near as highly as most fans or MW.

Personally, I think it’s a bad move. I doubt we’ll replace him with anyone better - especially with our budget.

Beale apparently much prefers a back 4. The club will be prioritising the development of Dickie and Dunne. Our budget for a third choice centre half is, i imagine, relatively low. I like YB a lot (other than when he’s standing over a set piece) especially when we played 3 at the back but this was to be expected.

It had been mooted that he wanted to move back to France and the fact he’s moved home and to the club he started his career at seems to have worked out perfectly for him. I’d be surprised if recently relegated Bordeaux will be paying him a fortune.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6180
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by Rbee » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:24 pm

Barbet released a statement, in part

“I would have liked to stay at the club but the club and I couldn’t come to an agreement.”

I think we have to take this at face value. It could have been length of contract but more likely money. Very disappointing but we move on.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10758
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:36 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:44 am
Beale apparently much prefers a back 4. The club will be prioritising the development of Dickie and Dunne. Our budget for a third choice centre half is, i imagine, relatively low. I like YB a lot (other than when he’s standing over a set piece) especially when we played 3 at the back but this was to be expected.

It had been mooted that he wanted to move back to France and the fact he’s moved home and to the club he started his career at seems to have worked out perfectly for him. I’d be surprised if recently relegated Bordeaux will be paying him a fortune.
I didn't realise Bordeaux had been relegated. They were in administration last year too, so the club sounds a bit of a mess. I haven't actually seen it confirmed anywhere that he's signed for them, although there's lots of talk about him being "in discussions".
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16182
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by SM » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:00 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:00 am
SM wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:50 am
Rbee wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:05 am
Bugger. Not the news we wanted.

I wonder what we offered, I wonder how much he wanted.
L
I get we have to stay within the Profit & Sustainability regulat ions, have a firm wage structure, but Barbet is a valuable senior pro, Captain or Vice Captain, so you offer these guys more.

Like I say maybe he wanted too much, we shall likely never know.

Cheers Yoann.
QPR had virtually no interest in re-signing him at all.

The contract that they offered was 1/3 of what he was on before. It was a token gesture, but the board (LF) clearly didn’t rate him anywhere near as highly as most fans or MW.

Personally, I think it’s a bad move. I doubt we’ll replace him with anyone better - especially with our budget.
I’m intrigued how somebody finds this information. I’ve not seen it announced publicly. Do you have access to insider knowledge of contract negotiations
'
No, I don’t.

But I wouldn’t post it if I didn’t believe it to be the case.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5981
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:57 am

guyrob07 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:11 am
Back in for Cox.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr ... t-back-cox
Cox and Dickie. There's a joke in there somewhere.
Image

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5981
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:57 am

Linked with 4 players from Villa:
Cameron Archer, Jaden Philogne-Bidace (19yo Winger), Tim Iroegbunam (18yo Mid), Kaine Kesler Hayden (19yo RWB) and Keinan Davis (24yo Striker)

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... inan-davis
Image

User avatar
Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5162
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by Montag » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:48 am

They might come good. Almost certainly better than any of our kids. Are we after all of them?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5162
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by Montag » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:11 pm

We're looking at Vaulks apparently. DM. It's no secret that we need 2 good FB's and at least one fast or dominant striker.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16182
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by SM » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Adomah has agreed to extend his contract according to WLS…

:arrow: :arrow:
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9747
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:11 pm

I'm getting a bit twitchy ....

The new season starts in 6 weeks (this coming weekend), and not even a decent rumour about any signings. We all know what we need. I am definitely in the 'do your business early' camp, and hated the Harry Redknapp deadline day nonsense.

So, come on Rangers sort it out!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 14001
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by dm » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:36 pm


the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by the big IP » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:35 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:36 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:44 am
Beale apparently much prefers a back 4. The club will be prioritising the development of Dickie and Dunne. Our budget for a third choice centre half is, i imagine, relatively low. I like YB a lot (other than when he’s standing over a set piece) especially when we played 3 at the back but this was to be expected.

It had been mooted that he wanted to move back to France and the fact he’s moved home and to the club he started his career at seems to have worked out perfectly for him. I’d be surprised if recently relegated Bordeaux will be paying him a fortune.
I didn't realise Bordeaux had been relegated. They were in administration last year too, so the club sounds a bit of a mess. I haven't actually seen it confirmed anywhere that he's signed for them, although there's lots of talk about him being "in discussions".
Didn't they just get relegated to the third tier ?

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10758
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:03 am

the big IP wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:35 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:36 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:44 am
Beale apparently much prefers a back 4. The club will be prioritising the development of Dickie and Dunne. Our budget for a third choice centre half is, i imagine, relatively low. I like YB a lot (other than when he’s standing over a set piece) especially when we played 3 at the back but this was to be expected.

It had been mooted that he wanted to move back to France and the fact he’s moved home and to the club he started his career at seems to have worked out perfectly for him. I’d be surprised if recently relegated Bordeaux will be paying him a fortune.
I didn't realise Bordeaux had been relegated. They were in administration last year too, so the club sounds a bit of a mess. I haven't actually seen it confirmed anywhere that he's signed for them, although there's lots of talk about him being "in discussions".
Didn't they just get relegated to the third tier ?
Yes, this was reported yesterday, although they have seven days to appeal. I can't imagine Barbet will be signing for them given the state they're in just now.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Post Reply