Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by Satch » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:03 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:36 am
Looking at the recent team selections and listening to Mick Beale's interviews it really hasn't taken him long to decide upon his starting eleven. I am not sure that is a good thing!

A few more players to come in and you would think that they would be going in to the starting eleven unless they are youngsters.

As always with our club, interesting times.
Do you think it’s problematic he’s made quick decisions or that he’s not had many decisions to make?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:10 pm

Not had many decisions to make because of the overall lack of quality

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:43 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Rbee wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:10 pm
Not had many decisions to make because of the overall lack of quality
I think there is quality it just doesn’t run very deep.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:06 pm

A lot more press coming about Taylor Richards. WLS suggesting we're about to sign him.
There was an article I read yesterday that said the lad got injured during a medical - so I really hope we've err'd on the side of caution.

McNamara I feel will get away from us. Apparently our first offer was insultingly low. Rowett is keen to keep him, so an improved offer and he'll probably stay.

I imagine we'll also look to bring in a Striker on loan and that'll be us.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:05 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:06 pm
A lot more press coming about Taylor Richards. WLS suggesting we're about to sign him.
There was an article I read yesterday that said the lad got injured during a medical - so I really hope we've err'd on the side of caution.

McNamara I feel will get away from us. Apparently our first offer was insultingly low. Rowett is keen to keep him, so an improved offer and he'll probably stay.

I imagine we'll also look to bring in a Striker on loan and that'll be us.
I agree about McNamara. I can’t really see why he would leave Millwall for QPR. They’ve finished above us in two of the last three seasons, and have made some good signings already this summer, although obviously Wallace is a big loss for them. I also can’t believe we’ll be the only club interested if he is determined to leave.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Exactly right. McNamara we need - won't get. Richards don't need - will get.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:57 pm

No surprises really, but we're about to send Mahoney out on loan to Southend United.

Beale said in a recent interview we're looking to bring in two more. Striker & RB. McNamara (RB) is the one we're focusing on, but when deals drag on the often fall through. Beale's said we'll look at Loans if it doesn't happen.

Striker wise - there's several rumours kicking about again we're looking at Troy Parrott. I seriously hope we're looking at better options. Whilst he's a kid and he's a very promising up and coming striker, he only scored 8/41 for the MK Don's last season. We need goals - not to train someone else's kid up.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:36 pm

Parrott is seemingly off to Preston on a season long loan, so we can probably cross him off the list.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:50 pm

Charlie Kelman has gone on a season long loan to Leyton Orient. His contract is up next summer, so unless he finds some serious form there, I wonder if that will be the last we'll see of him at QPR.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:19 pm

We've signed Roberts & Richards who are both attacking players, but not strikers.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Dujon Sterling linked. 22yo Fulback on loan from Chelsea.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:52 pm

McNamara was dropped to the bench for the Millwall game this weekend. Could be coincidental, but given he was their starter last season and Rowatt's explanation doesn't really seem all that convincing.
“You make a decision based on what you see in pre-season,” said Rowett when asked about picking Leonard. “I think it’s been well-documented that there’s been a little bit of uncertainty about Danny’s situation – made it very difficult for him to be fully focused today.

“Lenny always goes in there, slots in and shows good energy and composure. And he can attack as well as he defends. It was a decision we made, just like starting Jamie Shackleton today. I could easily have started Sav, he’s been excellent towards the end of pre-season. I just felt the game would be a little more energetic, just like I felt Lenny’s size might help us today.”
Sauce

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:20 am

Although I agree a good team starts with a solid defence, in the last few seasons we've had a fairly good attack so it didnt matter (too much) if our defence leaked goals so long as we scored the goals ourselves. Goals change games so surely a new striker needs to be a priority as otherwise the opposition will grow in confidence and mount wave after wave of attack so that even the best defences get broken at least once. I can see us losing 0-1, 0-2 quite often this season unless somehow the goals start coming.

Plus if you were one of our better players wouldn't you get frustrated if our strikers needed several chances to hit the target every game? Defenders get blamed for any little slip up which leads to conceding a goal which ultimately compounds when the strikers dont score. So I do wonder if some of the players get downhearted and frustrated with our lack of quality up front.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:07 am

I doubt the club are blind to this particular conundrum, but it's not an easy one to solve without money. Middlesbrough and Hull have recently paid £3M+ for Forss and Estupinan respectively, and I don't think you could confidently say either is proven Championship quality, although I do think Forss is a good signing. I can't see us spending that kind of money without selling someone first, so it's likely to be either another loan or trying to pick up an unpolished gem from the lower divisions or abroad. Unfortunately, while we have generally been smarter in our recruitment in recent years, we've been extremely hit and miss in the striking department.

I think the hope will be that goals are shared around the team among the likes of Willock, Chair, Roberts and Richards, with the defence also chipping in a few here and there, as Dickie and Dunne did last year.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:50 pm

Does anyone think that we could try Dickie as a CF. It may be a wacky idea but it might be worth trying. Even if it was just now and again in games we were losing? We've done it in the past with less accomplished ball playing defenders such as Shittu or Webb. Just sayin'.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare