Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Post by Montag » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:14 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:48 pm
QPR are interested in Fenerbahce's Dimitris Pelkas. 28yo CAM.
Quality player. Would be great to get him.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:51 am

If we're looking at Fenerbahce players, they have a promising young right wingback called Bright Osayi-Samuel.

24, bags of potential, and an area we clearly need to strengthen in. Looks good in hoops, so my sources tell me.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:19 am

Now Moses has gone.... I'm starting to wonder if the club were stalling for time by announcing half hearted contract talks with the likes of him and Barbet....

The Albert contract situation smells for me as well...

BOS at Fenebache? Not for me...
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:06 am

Jordy de Wijs also gone

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/jo ... pr-210622/

This one has annoyed me also. When fit he was the best defender at the club. We are losing some decent players and I'm starting to get a bit worried.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:00 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:06 am
Jordy de Wijs also gone

This one has annoyed me also. When fit he was the best defender at the club.. We are losing some decent playersand I'm starting to get a bit worried.
“When fit” is is the operative phrase

LP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by LP » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Shame about de Wijs, personally think it was a strange move to loan him out in January to free up wages - then to bring in Sanderson.

As much as I like him, his injury record is no secret and presumably the club felt that they could get more bang for their buck by looking elsewhere - ditto with Moses.

Imagine we will be getting replacements in (not least a first-choice RB) that fit the model of young, reasonably-priced, coachable potential and with re-sale value. Let's hope for a few more Jimmy Dunnes in that respect - honestly hadn't heard of him before last summer and he's been something of a revelation.

Rate, Review & Discover Cheese - Cheese Subscriptions now LIVE! - https://fetaccompli.uk

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:43 pm

What FWit is making these decisions? Oh yeah, the same people that got rid of MW and Ollie. Div 3 here we come.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:01 pm

Montag wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:43 pm
What FWit is making these decisions? Oh yeah, the same people that got rid of MW and Ollie. Div 3 here we come.
There is not a division three.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:59 pm

Montag wrote:
An interesting POV. The fact is de Wijs missed a lot of games through injury (17). He was with us almost exactly a year (from arriving on loan in January 2021, to leaving on loan the following January 2022). He managed 26 starts and one substitute appearance. There were 47 games played in that period.

Maybe the FWit's wanted someone a bit more 'available'.

Compared to Dunne, Dickie and Barbet's injury records he was a real sick note.

Here's the thing though ... we have a new head coach, It's pre-season and we have just signed two young defenders. It's a bit early for criticism, why not wait a while and see what happens. That's a lesson I learnt when I got upset that we let Rodney Marsh leave for Manchester City and replaced him with some bloke I'd never heard of called Stanley Bowles.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:46 pm

Yes Zen, maybe I'm flying off the handle a bit but I thought JDW was worth hanging onto as great back up. We've already let 2 quality defenders go (Moses & Barbet) and those coming in may be good prospects but you've got to have a bit of experience in there. Even Beale himself is unproven at any level so this coming season looks like one hell of a gamble. I can't help feeling uneasy. Yes, I remember the Rodney transfer. I seem to remember there was a story of how Jim G bumped up the price at the last minute and hoodwinked the City chairman? That was money well spent for sure. Trouble is, it doesn't always work out like that. Time will tell as they say. I've calmed down a bit now.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:47 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:01 pm
Montag wrote:
There is not a division three.
A rose by any other name.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:52 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:59 pm
It's a bit early for criticism, why not wait a while and see what happens. That's a lesson I learnt when I got upset that we let Rodney Marsh leave for Manchester City and replaced him with some bloke I'd never heard of called Stanley Bowles.
Spot on!
Ifang Bondi

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:07 pm

Albert Adomah has agreed a new two-year deal :

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/al ... al-220622/

I have to say I'm surprised at two years, given his age. I thought a year would have been plenty. Happy to seem him stay though, as he's a good athlete, and can been an excellent crosser of the ball. Fan's favourite too, of course.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:07 pm
Albert Adomah has agreed a new two-year deal :

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/al ... al-220622/

I have to say I'm surprised at two years, given his age. I thought a year would have been plenty. Happy to seem him stay though, as he's a good athlete, and can been an excellent crosser of the ball. Fan's favourite too, of course.
I wonder if it will be like Charlie’s 2 year deal and the second year will be contingent on appearances. He’s pretty versatile, I also think we need a couple of experienced heads in the dressing and he comes across as someone who’d be a positive presence. I expect he’s delighted to be able to continue getting abused on instagram for doing a few kick ups rather than some form of self-flagellation after a loss.
Lee Gib wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:06 am
Jordy de Wijs also gone

This one has annoyed me also. When fit he was the best defender at the club. We are losing some decent players and I'm starting to get a bit worried.
I thought he complimented Dickie and Barbert but wasn’t as good as them. Dunne has come in and done a better job with consistent fitness and the potential for a future sell on fee. We may well not be able to afford him and Barbet if they aren’t guaranteed starters and they may not want to do so.
Montag wrote:
Getting rid of Ollie was one of the best decisions the club have made. He’s a caricature of himself, a liability with youth players and was taking us no where. Let’s see what happens before we complain about them not offering MW a new deal.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:06 pm

We've had two bids for Emmanuel Longelo turned down by West Ham. 21yo LB.

There's also a rumour kicking about we've had a bid accepted for Harrison Burrows from Posh. 20yo Winger.