Austin

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Austin

Post by Rbee » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:06 pm

Strange how the media have been saying in the past two days that he won’t be with us next season, obviously someone in the club has said something.

I wouldn’t mega criticise any of our strikers this season with the lack of regular game time, lack of service, laboured build up, but Austin has been Warburton’s third choice and Dykes his first

😳

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Austin

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:30 am

Rbee wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:06 pm
Strange how the media have been saying in the past two days that he won’t be with us next season, obviously someone in the club has said something.

I wouldn’t mega criticise any of our strikers this season with the lack of regular game time, lack of service, laboured build up, but Austin has been Warburton’s third choice and Dykes his first

😳
I think him posting “Time for Auf Wiedersehen Pet” on Twitter might have had something to do with it.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu May 05, 2022 9:39 pm

So Austin, not the club, has confirmed his departure. Slightly strange as you would have thought any new manager would want to make that decision.

I think my cost cutting theory is correct, we went for it this season and failed so now have to cut back next season to stay within the constraints of Profit and Sustainability.

Happy Days 🙄

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu May 05, 2022 10:57 pm

It's a shame to have him go, but the reality is he's dropped off massively this season. He was a huge influence when he first returned, the difference in the team was remarkable. Dykes in particular looked to improve drastically whether is is due to competition/experience from Charlie, we'll never know.

All the best to the lad - his time at the club will be remember fondly.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri May 06, 2022 7:59 am

One of my fav ever QPR players.

It’s disappointing we’re finding out via his Twitter account rather than the official channel, but the same went for Warburton too.

It’s been a circus the way things have been handled recently.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri May 06, 2022 8:06 am

Well he could have waited for the club to make the announcement, which I'm sure they would have done after the last game, but he chose to play to the gallery. Warburton's departure on the other hand was effectively outed by Ferdinand's indiscretion. But yes, overall I agree it's an absolute mess at the moment.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri May 06, 2022 10:29 am

SM wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 7:59 am
One of my fav ever QPR players.

It’s disappointing we’re finding out via his Twitter account rather than the official channel, but the same went for Warburton too.

It’s been a circus the way things have been handled recently.
Recently? In all frankness this club has been run badly to appallingly since David Bulstrode died. Hoos seems to be a capable chap on the finance front but that's as far as it goes. MW's treatment says it all.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri May 06, 2022 10:55 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:39 pm
So Austin, not the club, has confirmed his departure. Slightly strange as you would have thought any new manager would want to make that decision.

I think my cost cutting theory is correct, we went for it this season and failed so now have to cut back next season to stay within the constraints of Profit and Sustainability.

Happy Days 🙄
Austin posted on twitter yesterday