Warburton Set For Sack - Daily Mail

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Warburton Set For Sack - Daily Mail

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:33 pm

MW is not helping his cause by constantly referring to the number of points there are left to play for, when we're seemingly incapable of accumulating any!

The play-off ship has sailed, use the remaining games to try something different and hopefully learn how we can improve.
Question everything.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:06 am

Rightly or wrongly, I'm starting to think he's a dead man walking.

Chair was in tears at FT yesterday (apparently), and you can feel it's not at all a happy camp... Mrs Austin was liking tweets over MW not having a clue, and also wrote a now deleted comment that Austin wants to play but can't get a game.

Can't help but feel we're in for a turbulent summer...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:15 am

I know its a cliche but Warburton has to go back to basics to get the team firing again. Play players that will give their all for the club and put in a shift. I'm not too sure who we have at the club at the moment that would do that but I'd start every match with Adomah, Austin and Ball for sure. Then I'd add players who would play for the manager such as Wallace. Drop the loanees where possible and try and get the tight unit back again. I dont know why any of the players would not want Warburton to do well but if there are then I'd drop them. Gray is our best striker but dykes and austin worked well together last year and dykes was better for it. Willock wasnt great last season so we cant blame his absence.
This is who I'd select if fit :-
Westwood
Barbet, Dunne, Dickie
Wallace, Adomah
Johansen, Ball
Chair
Austin, Dykes

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:35 pm

SM wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:06 am

Chair was in tears at FT yesterday (apparently), and you can feel it's not at all a happy camp... Mrs Austin was liking tweets over MW not having a clue, and also wrote a now deleted comment that Austin wants to play but can't get a game.

It's hard to get all this into perspective. On one hand I don't expect players to be unfeeling robots but on the other, they are well paid pros and should get on with the task at hand.
I don't suppose we'll ever know what ails the club at the moment but the team's demise has been unlike anything I've ever known at QPR.

bwhoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by bwhoops » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:43 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:15 am
I know its a cliche but Warburton has to go back to basics to get the team firing again. Play players that will give their all for the club and put in a shift. I'm not too sure who we have at the club at the moment that would do that but I'd start every match with Adomah, Austin and Ball for sure. Then I'd add players who would play for the manager such as Wallace. Drop the loanees where possible and try and get the tight unit back again. I dont know why any of the players would not want Warburton to do well but if there are then I'd drop them. Gray is our best striker but dykes and austin worked well together last year and dykes was better for it. Willock wasnt great last season so we cant blame his absence.
Westwood
Barbet, Dunne, Dickie
Wallace, Adomah
Johansen, Ball
Chair
Austin, Dykes
I agree with your team with one exception. I think that Sam Field has been one of our best players since he got back in the team after his injury. In order to accommodate Dom Ball we have to omit Stefan Johannson, who I don't think has had the season we expected.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:13 pm

I am assuming that if fit Willock and Dieng would be in the team.
Ifang Bondi

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:57 pm

Field must be due a suspension soon

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:02 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:15 am
Westwood
Barbet, Dunne, Dickie
Wallace, Adomah
Johansen, Ball
Chair
Austin, Dykes
How can you have Ball over Field? I don’t think Charlie is close to being able to start.
SM wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:06 am

Why would Chair have been in tears? I’m sure Austin would love to start but imo he’s not close to fit enough. He’s off the bench for me. I’ve obviously got a ton of time for the bloke but there seems to have been quite the rapid decline in his fitness in the last year.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:48 pm

This from Warburton ahead of Huddersfield is confirmation of the obvious discontent:

“There is some anger and frustration amongst the squad for some obvious reasons but there is also a clear understanding of what we need to do between now and the final five games.”

Wonder what caused it. Maybe the AFCON upset the balance in terms of what until then had been a pretty settled squad/first team.

SuperHoopsa

Post by SuperHoopsa » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:16 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:48 pm
This from Warburton ahead of Huddersfield is confirmation of the obvious discontent:

“There is some anger and frustration amongst the squad for some obvious reasons but there is also a clear understanding of what we need to do between now and the final five games.”

Wonder what caused it. Maybe the AFCON upset the balance in terms of what until then had been a pretty settled squad/first team.
I think he means they (the players) are angry and frustrated at the current run we are on.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Could the kneeling be divisive?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:14 pm

Players have been taking the knee for nearly two years, but now we're on a poor run of form, it's divisive.

Proper galaxy brain take there, mate.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by C F Extremadura » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:03 pm

I’m never one for binning managers but this change of form smacks of a players revolt, which is odd given our strong position.

I only have fleeting knowledge but has he left clubs under clouds slash inexplicably before?

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:52 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:14 pm
Players have been taking the knee for nearly two years, but now we're on a poor run of form, it's divisive.

Yeah, cos all the other teams are still making the gesture.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:56 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:52 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:14 pm

Yeah, cos all the other teams are still making the gesture.
Montag, are you on drugs?
Ifang Bondi