Re: Warburton Set For Sack - Daily Mail

Post by Satch » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:30 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:22 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:27 am
Montag wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:34 pm
Actually, I think injuries and a threadbare squad is the reason for the downturn. It usually is.
Uh, It's clearly because the players are taking the knee. It's the only logical explanation.
When these footballers insist on being paid the same wage as a Tesco delivery driver then I will have some time for their gesture politics. There's nothing logical about any of it. Besides, it is common knowledge that not all footballers are happy about it.

So are you saying nobody can express an opinion unless they in a self-enforced state of penury? To me it seems entirely logical why Black footballers would want to protest their real and lived experiences and why their teammates would wish to kneel in solidarity. Questioning the efficacy is one thing and in my opinion what Les Ferdinand was pointing out but to complete dismiss the motives strikes of not wishing to engage with the issues at hand. Incidentally is Les’ opinion equally worthless due to his salary? I can’t help think you’d be equally unhappy were the players to protest in more substantive and radical ways either.

I’d suggest reading Chair’s interview in the independent where he articulates why the movement resonates with him. It seems anything but a hollow gesture.

If there is discontent over kneeling why should the expectation be on those kneeling to be the appeasers, other than systemic expectation of who is expected to ‘toe the line’, taking them back to the original point.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:56 pm

There are many black players who do not support BLM. They have taken the trouble to examine their agenda. We've been over this before. If you kneel in support an organisation that demands equality of outcome then you should be prepared to put your money where your mouth is.
Yes, I read Chairs article.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:34 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:21 am
I'm surprised posters haven't seen how many football managers up and down the country have been sacked for allowing their players to take the knee. Warburton is clearly just another one.
Really I did not know that

SuperHoopsa

Post by SuperHoopsa » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:45 pm

Montag wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:56 pm
There are many black players who do not support BLM. They have taken the trouble to examine their agenda. We've been over this before. If you kneel in support an organisation that demands equality of outcome then you should be prepared to put your money where your mouth is.
People taking the knee are supporting equality, not specifically BLM, the organization. Either way, to suggest this was / is the reason for our downward trend is absurd to say the least.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:45 pm

Montag wrote:
So why did you bring it up again?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:27 am

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:45 pm
Montag wrote:
That was my bad. Prodded the bear etc.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:51 am

deadendjob wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:27 am
BiscuitRanger wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:45 pm
Montag wrote:

That was my bad. Prodded the bear etc.
No, not you DEJ... I was trying reference Montag's post. He of the now infamous Montag-Knee Injury - Squad Dissonance hypothesis.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:47 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:27 am
Montag wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:34 pm
Actually, I think injuries and a threadbare squad is the reason for the downturn. It usually is.
Uh, It's clearly because the players are taking the knee. It's the only logical explanation.
Which is why I asked him if he was taking fentanyl or "spice".
Ifang Bondi

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:08 pm

SuperHoopsa wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:45 pm
Montag wrote:
People taking the knee are supporting equality, not specifically BLM, the organization. Either way, to suggest this was / is the reason for our downward trend is absurd to say the least.
You cannot know what each individuals motive for kneeling is. But it was a gesture propagated by BLM and its supporters. You have to ask the question: Has the BLM agenda benefited racial cohesion? I would also ask you to examine closely (if you haven't already) exactly what their agenda is.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:16 am

Can an admin, lock this thread or dump it....

Cheers
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:16 am
Can an admin, lock this thread or dump it....

Cheers
Agreed!
Ifang Bondi