January transfer window.

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

January transfer window.

Post by guyrob07 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Will be interesting to see what business MW has been eluding to?

The AFCON will be taking Chair and Dieng away for up to 6 weeks (lets hope they don't both reach the final!) so cover may be necessary.

Jordan Archer and Joe Walsh should be adequate cover for Dieng but our creative options to replace Chair are limited. Hope there is some truth in the below article, I've heard a lot of talk about this Spurs youngster, maybe our Spurs connections might help us out.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 69329.html

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: January transfer window.

Post by QPR_John » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Problem is if we look for a player to cover for Chair, if that is at all possible, that player knows there will not be a place in the team when Chair returns

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:51 pm

There's a possibility that with the new Omicron mutation that UK based players may not be going to Africa. Food for thought.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:54 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:32 pm
Problem is if we look for a player to cover for Chair, if that is at all possible, that player knows there will not be a place in the team when Chair returns
You tell the young player it's his job to keep his spot in the team. Regardless though, Chair and Willock have played a lot of minutes, a third creative player to share the burden and provide cover when one has a knock would be no bad thing if it's financially viable.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:19 pm

Trouble is chair is playing so well that I don’t think you could replace him with a promising youngster however talented. We’d need a proven championship player to stay anywhere near the level he’s producing.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:47 pm

It's more than likely we will dip into the loan market which limits who we can actually get, last January the board did really well getting Austin, Johansen and De Wjis in but they were bought in to start rather than as cover.

I'd ship George Thomas out on loan, which only really leave Duke McKenna as an attacking option. Who is available other than a Premiership youngster?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:18 am

To fill Chair's position while he's away at AFCON, Amos and even Johansen could play further forward alongside Willock. Duke-McKenna might be given a chance but I'm not sure how much faith Warburton has in Thomas.

With Kakay also off to AFCON the ongoing issues at WB, plus de Wijs out until February, are a concern. A left WB on loan and having Masterson back for January may be needed to provide cover.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:42 am

Steve cook from Bournemouth and Jack Simpson from Rangers seem to be the rumours circulating.

Wonder how likely the AFCON departures will be?

Seems like so long ago now that we were in action, hope the squad are training well ahead of our next match whenever that will be!

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Cook would be a safe bet, although I'd be surprised if Bournemouth were prepared to let him go to a potential promotion rival. He's out of contract in the summer, so it might be more likely to happen then.

As for Simpson, he's just turned 25 and has less than fifty first team games under his belt. Signed a four and a half year deal with Rangers less than a year ago, and has barely featured. He would seem a bit of an odd signing to me.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:57 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:54 pm
You tell the young player it's his job to keep his spot in the team. Regardless though, Chair and Willock have played a lot of minutes, a third creative player to share the burden and provide cover when one has a knock would be no bad thing if it's financially viable.
Last month or so Chair and Willock (and the team in general) have looked knackered.
This mini rest will have done no harm and another coming in to cover for those 2 is
common sense to me.

That player should in all fairness be George Thomas but we all know he ain't up to it really!
Ifang Bondi

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:55 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:51 pm
There's a possibility that with the new Omicron mutation that UK based players may not be going to Africa. Food for thought.
The organisers in the Cameroon are adamant it will go ahead, but I think there may be a few more twists and turns before we see our prized assets board an aeroplane to Africa.

Omicron is still on the rise.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:51 am

There's been nothing from Warburton on whether he's been successful in negotiating with our AFCON 3's country football authorities to allow them to play v Bournemouth before flying out. That is assuming we have a match v Bournemouth.

As for incoming players, Ferdinand said at the fan's forum they'd be looking at loans only, and Warburton has publically said he wants another CB. I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking for a LWB too.

I guess there might be one or two additions to the youth squads as well such as Kyle Doherty from Albion Rovers.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:11 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:43 pm
Cook would be a safe bet, although I'd be surprised if Bournemouth were prepared to let him go to a potential promotion rival. He's out of contract in the summer, so it might be more likely to happen then.
Cook had a major knee injury in May so hasn't featured at all this season. He's close to return, but it could be Bournemouth have better options now and he may be too much of a gamble depending on the extent of the injury.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Kyle Doherty got injured recently and is expected to be out for a few weeks. That might cool our interest in him.

West London Sport have linked us with a couple:

John Souttar - from Hearts. 25yo CB.
Dilan Markanday - 20yo Winger from Spudz.

There's also talks that Dickie is being looked at by Wet Spam due to an injury with Ogbonna.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Can’t see this ever happening but a fun little distraction on what should be match day.

https://the72.co.uk/258819/qpr-west-bro ... y-gondola/