For interest ... maybe!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

For interest ... maybe!

Post by ANDREW1302 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:28 am

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your email and for getting in touch regarding the above fixture.

Generally speaking, the EFL can receive numerous queries and complaints regarding the decisions and performances of match officials. While we are not always able to comment on specific incidents, we can advise that the performances of all officials are constantly monitored by way of club and match evaluation reports, match videos and footage received by the referees’ coaches. Matches are also analysed by the EFL’s Referees' Director, a referees’ coach and the referee, and assessment of performances can have an impact on future appointments.

Following the QPR v Sunderland match we can advise that the Referees’ Director has been in contact with both Clubs. Additionally, the decision making processes and how these were applied and can be improved in future games has also been covered with the relevant match officials. Naturally, it is important to note that the match officials have a challenging role in trying to spot every single incident that occurs on the field of play in ‘real time’, whether this be due to the proximity of the ball to players, the position of the referee, or other players obscuring views of the officials. The human element of the sport means referees do also make mistakes during games, just like players and managers do on a weekly basis. With only one chance to view every incident, and no benefit of replays, the modern referee sometimes has a difficult task.

As previously noted, while referees decisions are final, post-match Clubs do have the opportunity to mark the referee’s performance and raise any issues with the Referees’ Manager and open dialogue between the Clubs and PGMOL is encouraged, with a panel consisting of members of the LMA and PFA as well as former match officials.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

Danny
Supporter Services Department
EFL

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: For interest ... maybe!

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:32 am

Nice one.
:D TL/R the officials got it wrong and we have spoken to them.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:14 pm

.......and they'll be compensating the club financially for revenues lost due to the incompetence and negligence of their f***witted employees. WILL THEY BULLOX!!! It means nothing. They are in the QF's and we are not. Nothing.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:52 pm

What did you say in your original mail to them, Andrew ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:46 pm

Exactly word for word the reply I got

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:05 pm

For Uxbridge R

By now I assume you have seen the absolutely awful decision by your team at the above game. Marginal decisions one understands but this was a potential hand ball followed by a decision for offside which was so far onside the decision was clearly ridiculous. For a lower division club the opportunity of progression to the last stages of the cup are important and meaningful. To have this level of incompetence and I am afraid that is what it was is simply not acceptable. This was not a small mistake it was a total howler. You allocate the referee team to these games and it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that you do not appoint people who might make this type of schoolboy error especially at this stage of a competition. I would be very interested to hear what you intend to do going forwards. Will you simply say oh dear these things happen or will you please take on board that if someone can make this sort of shocker they should really not be allowed to adjudicate a game of this importance. Given the timing of the goal I think it is fair to say QPR were cheated out of victory by someone you thought was able to referee the game and clearly you came up short. Look at the video it was a truly appalling error.

I trust you will reply to me as I think an explanation is needed and valid in the circumstances.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 pm

What shall we do with Saturdays howler then, award all 3 points to Blackpool ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:10 pm

IJM wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 pm
What shall we do with Saturdays howler then, award all 3 points to Blackpool ?
Nobody is suggesting that games be replayed just that appointed officials are capable.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:06 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:05 pm
For Uxbridge R

By now I assume you have seen the absolutely awful decision by your team at the above game. Marginal decisions one understands but this was a potential hand ball followed by a decision for offside which was so far onside the decision was clearly ridiculous. For a lower division club the opportunity of progression to the last stages of the cup are important and meaningful. To have this level of incompetence and I am afraid that is what it was is simply not acceptable. This was not a small mistake it was a total howler. You allocate the referee team to these games and it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that you do not appoint people who might make this type of schoolboy error especially at this stage of a competition. I would be very interested to hear what you intend to do going forwards. Will you simply say oh dear these things happen or will you please take on board that if someone can make this sort of shocker they should really not be allowed to adjudicate a game of this importance. Given the timing of the goal I think it is fair to say QPR were cheated out of victory by someone you thought was able to referee the game and clearly you came up short. Look at the video it was a truly appalling error.

I trust you will reply to me as I think an explanation is needed and valid in the circumstances.
Cheers. I fear there may be too many big words there for the simple folk at the EFL. In line with the government vogue for simple three word messaging, can I suggest we go with "Defund Keith Stroud" in future ?

Or for Mr Stroud himself, "Whistle, Arse, Stick".
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?