Match Thread: Foolham v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Match Thread: Foolham v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:14 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:10 pm
Rbee wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:04 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:05 pm
This conceding of 2+ goals a game is now becoming a serious issue which Warburton must address
But what is the problem? Individually the players seem good enough but as a unit are conceding too many goals. I am no expert of course but my feeling is that we are set up as a very attack minded team at the expense of the defensive side of our game.

The defensive side of Stef's game is also not great which might explain why he isn't an established player in The Prem.
Perhaps sacking the defensive coach (if we have one) and getting another one, would be a start?
There isn't one. MW sets up for shit or bust. Today was bust.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:08 pm

I didn't see the game bit we're in the middle of a run of murderously hard away games. Bristol City was a freak result the like of which we are unlikely to come across in a month of Sundays.
No need to push the panic button.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm

Agre with 222 here - not badly placed . Fine margins in places - at 1-1, Odoi has a little cuddle with McCallum who stands up and delivers a cross which the keeper collects - if McCallum goes down in the box its its naled on pen and Odoi a yellow minimum Down the other end, Harry Wilson goes down near the touchline as soon as contact - free kick and booking for Dunne. Got undone at times and devision making not at its best today but, it happens - we move on - proud of this group of players and more to come still.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:17 am

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:09 pm
WA Hoop wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:30 pm
I don't think we took the game to them at all. Scoreline was flattering.
First half, that's true. We couldn't get out, or get going, and when we did either fluffed it or were fouled (not according to the ref) It looked like Prem vs Championship.

Second half we were much better, at 1-1 we were clearly on top, their 2nd goal knocked the stuffing out of us.
Agreed. It was certainly Prem vs Championship when it came to conning the ref (who seemed easily conned).
Question everything.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:22 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm
Agre with 222 here - not badly placed . Fine margins in places - at 1-1, Odoi has a little cuddle with McCallum who stands up and delivers a cross which the keeper collects - if McCallum goes down in the box its its naled on pen and Odoi a yellow minimum Down the other end, Harry Wilson goes down near the touchline as soon as contact - free kick and booking for Dunne. Got undone at times and devision making not at its best today but, it happens - we move on - proud of this group of players and more to come still.
If I recall, the 'cuddle' was somewhat short of the penalty area or at least that's where it started. Either way, based on his overall officiating, given the chance I'm not at all sure Mr Langford would have awarded the penalty.
Question everything.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 am

Hugely disappointing but, as someone said to me, just three of their players cost £60m while our whole squad cost around £10m.

We've arguably got the three most difficult games of the season out of the way now, losing away to Bournemouth, WBA and Fulham.

Johansen picked up his 5th yellow which I hope opens the door for Amos to start the match v Blackburn.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:15 am

These things happen. Even the best sides get their arses whipped now and again. It was a tough run and we've got less points out of it than we deserved. The important thing is to re-group and batter the black pudding brigade on Tuesday. I still believe we'll be in the mix come April. This is the best side and manager we've had since relegation for sure.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

qprphilip

Post by qprphilip » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:04 am

We lost end of. Did we play well,? no we didn't. We won't play well all the time, in fact that's the bad one out of the way. Hopefully the next game will see what we're made of.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:30 pm

qprphilip wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:04 am
We lost end of. Did we play well,? no we didn't. We won't play well all the time, in fact that's the bad one out of the way. Hopefully the next game will see what we're made of.
That may all be so but defensively we could be a lot better and regardless of who we play we let in an average of 2 goals per game - not good enough!
I would also like a bit more pace in the team and also for Johansen to take a rest, looks like he really needs it; I would in any case have
started with Amos or Dozzell on Tuesday.
By the way the ref yesterday should have been wearing a white shirt :evil:
Ifang Bondi

notlob66
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by notlob66 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:56 pm

But on the positive side we’ve scored in every game this season!
When’s the last time we had run of this many games without failing to score?!?