This International Break

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

This International Break

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:44 am

I think there are a couple of things to work on.

Our defence needs tweaking, we are giving away two goals every game (in the last 7 games we have conceded at least twice every time, apart from against Birmingham. How bad must they be). I don't think it needs a major overhaul, but most of the goals, if not all of them have been 'soft'. I think it's more better organisation and communication at the back.

Something I noticed yesterday, was in the first half particularly Preston were playing a high back line. Gray and Dykes both made some excellent runs but weren't found, as we opted to either go wide, pass inside or go backwards. A defence splitting pass, and they would have been in. I think Gray offers something we haven't had for a good while, genuine pace up front. If we can use it, I think he will prove deadly for us.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: This International Break

Post by guyrob07 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:43 pm

Chair has seen a fair amount of game time for Morocco and is in contention for three World Cup qualifiers in six days. Hopefully they don't burn him out ahead of our trip to Fulham. Gray and Kaky are in the same boat and I assume they both are in the starting line up for their countries. Dykes has two games ahead of him, I imagine this will play its part in the team selection for the Fulham game.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 am

Chair didn't play last night, so he will have had a week between games, and I would guess he will start against Fulham. Dykes played the full 90 for Scotland again, and I'm pretty sure he will be on the bench on Saturday. Gray got very little game time for Jamaica, so he might also start for us. Kakay wasn't on WC duty, as Sierra Leone are already out.

Of course Fulham have had players away too, so they may also rest some who would normally be starters.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 am

MW will have studied the Coventry vs Fulham game and on that basis I think he'll go with Gray up top on his own, fingers crossed Sam McCallum will be fit to allow Willock to play further up field.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:07 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 am
Chair didn't play last night, so he will have had a week between games, and I would guess he will start against Fulham. Dykes played the full 90 for Scotland again, and I'm pretty sure he will be on the bench on Saturday. Gray got very little game time for Jamaica, so he might also start for us. Kakay wasn't on WC duty, as Sierra Leone are already out.

Of course Fulham have had players away too, so they may also rest some who would normally be starters.
Dykes is banned from the next game after picking up a yellow last night.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:12 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:

Gray will be with the Jamaica squad until Thursday for their last WC qualifier in Honduras. So, together with travelling, I doubt if we'll see him on the bench let alone starting.

I think up front will be Austin as a lone striker or paired with Willock.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:06 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:

SL played a friendly with a Morocco XI, I think the QPR twitter mentioned he was on international duty, no idea if he played.
dm wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:12 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

Gray will be with the Jamaica squad until Thursday for their last WC qualifier in Honduras. So, together with travelling, I doubt if we'll see him on the bench let alone starting.

I think up front will be Austin as a lone striker or paired with Willock.
The Honduras game is today (wed) local time so i guess Gray could be back Friday am. It might still be worth having him on the bench if we're chasing a goal with ten to go or so.