The QPR bond

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 am
Location: The daddy of Abbots

The QPR bond

Post by ActonArthur » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:44 am

Have seen the adverts for this. I am no financial expert but seems not a bad offer on the face of it.
Eg 20k Might give an OK rate of interest £1k + PA and the 3% would pay for the season ticket

I am wondering what the capital is at risk warning could mean. Is it a realistic chance you could lose the complete loan.

The other additional consideration is inflation I suppose against a fixed rate of interest.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21693
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: The QPR bond

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:44 pm

Have a read through this thread on Clive's site. Full of decent info and no arguing. :D
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... ertise/#51
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 am
Location: The daddy of Abbots

Re: The QPR bond

Post by ActonArthur » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:53 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:44 pm
Have a read through this thread on Clive's site. Full of decent info and no arguing. :D
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... ertise/#51
Thanks.that was informative. Although the questions which occurred to me are raised on there without being answerable at this stage. There will be a degree of risk but I remain tempted to give it a go.

User avatar
Keith
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 am

Re: The QPR bond

Post by Keith » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:17 am

The most sensible advice from that thread on LFW is this:
"Would you invest on those terms if it was offered by Chelsea?" Or Brentford?, or etc.........

The answer is probably no. Invest with your head and with sound financial advice, NOT with your heart. I know people who dis the latter and invested in Loftus Road PLC. Some may justify their loss on the grounds they were helping the club at the time. So be it. Be aware though that "capital risk" means just that. You may lose every penny you put in.

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: The QPR bond

Post by 222gers » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:08 am

Keith wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:17 am
The most sensible advice from that thread on LFW is this:
"Would you invest on those terms if it was offered by Chelsea?" Or Brentford?, or etc.........

The answer is probably no. Invest with your head and with sound financial advice, NOT with your heart. I know people who dis the latter and invested in Loftus Road PLC. Some may justify their loss on the grounds they were helping the club at the time. So be it. Be aware though that "capital risk" means just that. You may lose every penny you put in.
Well, that's encouraging……

User avatar
ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 am
Location: The daddy of Abbots

Re: The QPR bond

Post by ActonArthur » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:27 pm

for me the other key thing is inflation. I know there is risk but i actually do think the current owners will keep the club solvent for the duration of the 5 years. however, we sit on the precipice of potentially significant inflationary rises for the first time in a long time and this may well make the 5% look pretty measly in a year or two.

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Re: The QPR bond

Post by luke_mullet » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:05 pm

ActonArthur wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:27 pm
for me the other key thing is inflation. I know there is risk but i actually do think the current owners will keep the club solvent for the duration of the 5 years. however, we sit on the precipice of potentially significant inflationary rises for the first time in a long time and this may well make the 5% look pretty measly in a year or two.
I have no doubt the club will be solvent for the next 5 years.

Either we get promoted this season or we are going to be selling our good players at the end of the season. Either way we will have a lot of money coming our way next summer.

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Near Lewes, E Sussex

Re: The QPR bond

Post by Greyhound » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:54 pm

One point to be aware of - in response to my query, I was told that the 3% club spend can be used for match tickets and NOT season tickets, which strikes me as being a bit sh1t.

User avatar
ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:58 am
Location: The daddy of Abbots

Re: The QPR bond

Post by ActonArthur » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:59 am

Greyhound wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:54 pm
One point to be aware of - in response to my query, I was told that the 3% club spend can be used for match tickets and NOT season tickets, which strikes me as being a bit sh1t.
Thanks Greyhound. I did not realise that and it was part of my reasoning for investing.

User avatar
WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5885
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The QPR bond

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 am

Keith wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:17 am
The most sensible advice from that thread on LFW is this:
"Would you invest on those terms if it was offered by Chelsea?" Or Brentford?, or etc.........

The answer is probably no. Invest with your head and with sound financial advice, NOT with your heart. I know people who dis the latter and invested in Loftus Road PLC. Some may justify their loss on the grounds they were helping the club at the time. So be it. Be aware though that "capital risk" means just that. You may lose every penny you put in.
That would be the likes of me :oops:
Question everything.

Post Reply