Jimmy Dunne

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Jimmy Dunne

Post by volpone » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:58 am

Deserves his own thread. Looks a presence and when he was pinging balls with his left foot to the right wing in the second half, everyone around where I was sitting were purring. Does the simple things very well and I don’t think he put a foot wrong last night. He’s a starter now.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Jimmy Dunne

Post by guyrob07 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:18 am

Have to praise all three of our centre backs, each had impressive games. Barbet deserves a lot of credit he’s improved massively since joining. Surprised Burnley let Dunne go, he’s only 23 and they have an ageing defence. Does anyone know what the undisclosed fee was?

Also agree he was immense, very committed defender and didn’t realise he had that range of passing.

qprphilip

Post by qprphilip » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:29 am

volpone wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:58 am
Deserves his own thread. Looks a presence and when he was pinging balls with his left foot to the right wing in the second half, everyone around where I was sitting were purring. Does the simple things very well and I don’t think he put a foot wrong last night. He’s a starter now.
Yes have to agree with that, we've found a little diamond.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:43 am

Among Dunne's many strengths is, being right footed, he's comfortable using both feet as last night's left footed 'diags' showed.

Dunne was interviewed on the last Open All Rs podcast and came across extremely well. As one of the regulars said, he's not only a great player but an excellent character too.

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by volpone » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:04 pm

Heard that from another R last night. Will seek out.
dm wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:43 am
Among Dunne's many strengths is, being right footed, he's comfortable using both feet as last night's left footed 'diags' showed.

Dunne was interviewed on the last Open All Rs podcast and came across extremely well. As one of the regulars said, he's not only a great player but an excellent character too.